New 9mm conversion parts are available

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Engines, Tractors(old, rusty is better), mechanisms, and the occasional MG

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

Hi All,

FWIW, I've some friends that have managed to get the 9mm parts running.  They did have the above mentioned fitting issues.  A mag dump worth or shooting anyway so far.  Just curious if it counts if the parts were not used in a GG   :)  They ran the parts in the Spitfire.

Sincerely,

Grasshopper

#22 johnsonlmg41

johnsonlmg41

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

:oIf you got them to run in a spit (or got the spitfire to run at all)  that is a +2 event, congrats.   I'll bet that's a pretty nice shooter in 9mm and well worth the investment in those parts regardless of the "issues" with them. 

#23 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 834 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

Is there any more news or updates on these 9mm conversion kits from Indianapolis Ord? I would have thought that by now they would have corrected the issues with the parts. Anyone else purchase a kit recently?

Mike Hammer

#24 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:53 AM

I've been wondering the same thing, if anyone has gotten one to successfully run in their gun.  I keep flirting with the idea of buying a kit, but I don't have my gun transferred to me yet so there's really no point in getting in too much of a hurry for one.

#25 Mongo

Mongo

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

There is a real GI 9mm bolt for sale of gunbroker.

#26 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

I've seen that one but it's useless without a barrel and magazine insert.  From what I understand its the magazine insert that is the super rare part to find.  $1,500 seems like enough for a 9mm bolt tho....

#27 Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:50 PM

I hope to hear good news from one of you guys who like me is not mechanically able to modify.

Then I would buy a setup in a heart beat!!

Edited by Grease Gunner, 17 September 2018 - 09:54 PM.