Bm59 / M1 Tanker Compatability

Marksmg58

Just looking for some advice here, thinking about building a mixed parts BM59 using a Reese Surplus Beretta barrel and a tanker parts kit...I've had a type E built in the past using a Sarco parts kit on a modified Garand receiver, but now I'd like to build the shortened version. Are the tanker parts / op rod compatible with the BM59? Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Just looking for some advice here, thinking about building a mixed parts BM59 using a Reese Surplus Beretta barrel and a tanker parts kit...I've had a type E built in the past using a Sarco parts kit on a modified Garand receiver, but now I'd like to build the shortened version. Are the tanker parts / op rod compatible with the BM59? Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

That would depend on whether or not you were planning on using a BM59 gas cylinder or a M1 Garand gas cylinder ?

It could be done with a BM59 barrel and BM59 gas cylinder with a BM59 op rod and still retain the M1 internals . Walt Kuleck from Fulton Armory has one like this and Clint McKee had a very difficult time getting it running. You might try emailing Walt about details of his build.

Have you given any thought to a "Mini G" built by Tim Shufflin ?Sounds like the "Mini G" is right in line with what you are looking for .

Hope this helps .

Very helpful, I appreciate it...Not sure which way I will go, still in the planning stages. I may just start with the receiver, then to keep it simple I might just go with another Sarco kit. I was moderately happy with the results the first time around, although the barrel was slightly pitted - if I could find a type E replacement barrel that would probably be the easiest route. I've thought about Shuffs, although I'd prefer to stay with the Beretta format (box mag)...thanks again for your help. I'll check the links you suggested.

Very helpful, I appreciate it...Not sure which way I will go, still in the planning stages. I may just start with the receiver, then to keep it simple I might just go with another Sarco kit. I was moderately happy with the results the first time around, although the barrel was slightly pitted - if I could find a type E replacement barrel that would probably be the easiest route. I've thought about Shuffs, although I'd prefer to stay with the Beretta format (box mag)...thanks again for your help. I'll check the links you suggested.

Reese surplus also sells the E barrels ,I believe at $275 if you were looking for a alternative to Sarco.

I believe Sarco sells loose barrels for $125ea.