Remington Mod. 11 Aerial Trainer

I'm looking for sources of information and the conversion parts for a Remington Model 11 as used in the training of aerial gunners during WW2--especially the mounting and adaptor parts needed for use with an anm2-style cradle and twin spade grips assembly. Interested in manuals, parts, etc. any help would be appreciated!

Remington Model 11.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks David, I appreciate the quick response. I'm not all together sure the photo I attached as a reference in my original post has the "correct" cradle assembly.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to look over a .30 anm2 cradle assembly manufactured by Bell, data plate stamped "type G-16 Assy #GM 749-658" While it closely resembled the one in the color photo attached in this post-- these are the only photo references I've been able to find, so I don't really know what I'm looking at and looking for. I'm hoping there is a government reference manual somewhere to give me an idea of what I need to put one back together.

Apparently a supplemental receiver section was attached to the standard M11 receiver to adapt it to the cradle. I'm hoping somebody here will be able to elaborate. . .

thanks

John

remington_11_aerial.jpg

Spadegrip_Shotgun_in_ANM2_adaptor_Laredo_AAF.jpg

• Upvote 1

jl7422,

Here are photos of my ANM2 cradle. I think there's a chance this could be British, and not of U.S. origin. I can't find any markings on it, and I recall I bought it at the same time that I bought some British ANM2 parts kits, but I don't recall if I bought the cradle with the British parts, or separately. I bought it about 20 years ago.

ANM2_Cradle-1.JPG

ANM2_Cradle-2.JPG

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Thanks for the photo David. . . your cradle does not look like the Bell unit I saw and referenced in my earlier post. Again, I don't have a frame of reference to really know what I'm looking for, but the one I saw looked very much like the one in reference photo in my second post.

Thanks, for the help, I appreciate it.

John

IIRC , and I'm going only from memory , there was a box type adapter that connected the shotgun reciever to the cradle. There were six holes drilled in the reciever , 3 to a side , that bolted the two together. Kind of like the mounting of those " side-saddle" ammo carriers today.

Chris

jl7422,

I forgot to mention that I looked through my manual scans, and I haven't had the manual in stock I was thinking about. I know I saw it before, and I believe is a "TM 1-" designated manual titled "Aerial Gunnery," or Aerial Gunnery Practice." I'm going totally from memory here...Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for it.

David Albert