Great Forum

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Feb 13 2006, 01:53 PM)
Selected Entity Name: AUTO ORDNANCE CORPORATION

Selected Entity Status Information Current Entity Name: COMPONENTS CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Initial DOS Filing Date: AUGUST 25, 1916
County: QUEENS
Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
Current Entity Status: INACTIVE

AOC stayed with the Maguire family's COMPONENTS CORPORATION OF AMERICA.

Well I went to the New York State, Department of State, Division of Corporations web site and did my own search(link below). The State of New York say that the Auto Ordnance Corporation that dates back to AUGUST 25, 1916 is now known as COMPONENTS CORPORATION OF AMERICA.

I have to say that this is the hardest evidence I've seen from either side of this debate. Arty you've got me about 99% convinced. I not sure it's much of a victory, like I said, it didn't matter much to me in the first place.

http://appsext5.dos.state.ny.us/corp_publi...ty_search_entry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (colt21a @ Feb 13 2006, 12:08 AM)
art we still have the child above you posting.it's not worth it...we took care of all of those type's in high school...or maybe it was kindergarten.t.c.ron
wink!

I'm the child? Who pulls the entire post when he gets called out? This is a great forum for discussing Thompons Mr. Kovar, so why don't you discuss them instead of using the board as an advertisement each time you decide to dump off your wares on board members...

Back on topic...

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Wow - this has really grown. I am glad I now know where Arthur considers the break in the line of succession of the Thompson Submachine Gun. It is really hard to pin down someone when they post all over the place. Of course, I disagree with Arthur's ramblings on this matter. To illustrate one point of this sinking ship Arthur is riding in, let's look at the following quote:

If Trast had proof of his exclusive ownership of all things "Thompson," why did he not show them to Helmer when there was a cloud of suspicion that he in fact did not own the rights?

Can anyone remember a cloud of suspicion over the Thompson lineage from 1963 through 1969 when William Helmer was doing his research for “The Gun That Made the Twenties Roar.” I believe we have some older members on the board who were collecting Thompsons during that time period. Tell us, what was a Colt Thompson selling for in 1963? Or 1965? Or 1967? Or 1969? Was there a big time Thompson lineage conspiracy or debate underway? Arthur is very knowledgeable about many things Thompson. Actually, he is more knowledgeable than I in many areas. Unfortunately, when someone disagrees with his mantra, he comes up with claims like in the quote above. A “cloud of suspicion” involving the Tommy Gun in the 1960’s – right! The facts show that what started in Cleveland in 1916 by General Thompson has traveled all the way to Kahr Arms in Worchester, MA. It is as simple as that.

If you believe differently, I welcome you to post your thoughts on this subject. If we stay on topic and avoid all the useless posting that do nothing but cause confusion to the newer board members, we may actually accomplish something. Please don’t get into what George Numrich may have, could have, should have, was supposed to have - done. George Numrich’s business operation is still in operation after 55 years. That in and of itself speaks volumes for me.

Oh, you may be interested in this. I researched the New York Department of State on Auto-Ordnance Corporation, Maguire Industries, Inc (and Incorporated), and Components of America Corporation some time ago. I learned that “INACTIVE” status means no longer in use and available for use upon proper application. There is nothing on file that indicates the name Auto-Ordnance Corporation, New York, New York, has been associated with the Maguire family. You see, you would have to abide by some yearly filing requirements, paperwork, registered agent requirements, fees, etc. Now I ask you, why would anyone want to do all of that when they sold off everything related to the Thompson Submachine Gun in 1949?

TD,

If you are going to quote at least attempt accuracy:

If Trast had proof of his exclusive ownership of all things "Thompson," why did he not show them to Helmer when there was a cloud of suspicion that he in fact did not own the rights?

I did not say Numrich in the 1960's. I specifically said Trast in 1975. Helmer's 1969 book was updated to include the West Hurley replicas in the final chapter after 1975.

I appreciate that you continue to concentrate on my posts, even if you do selective reading, but there are others on the board who do not follow your "stay on message unbroken chain refrain." You could have worked in the Clinton West Wing.

They have already chimed in, but perhaps it is better if you continue to count the bristles on your broom while the tide washes away your sandcastles.

Why is it so important for you to imagine this bizarre connection in the face of so much overwhelming evidence to the contrary? DId you make a solem oath to Numrich's widow to keep the eternal flame alive?

Funny you researched the Components of America Corporation "some time ago," when this has been posted numerous times on this board. You netter re-read Cox's book since he documents that Maguire's family did indeed still own AOC under CAC back in 1982.

Try to answer why Numrich didn't call his business Auto Ordnance Corporation back in 1951 when he supposedly bought all the goodies in and out of the crates?

Again Arthur, Helmer was not doing research in 1975 on the Thompson for his book, “The Gun That Made the Twenties Roar” This book was first published in 1969 by Macmillan. The added chapter came later (Gun Room Press edition) and it was authored by George C. Nonte, Jr. - not William Helmer. But more importantly, there was not a cloud of suspicion over the Thompson lineage in 1975 either. But you know that!

I only concentrate on your posts concerning the Thompson lineage because they are misguided. You have been posting your mantra way too long. I want everyone to see the entire story. The conclusions the readers make are theirs alone.

Original research on this subject may be a lot of things, but "funny" is not one of them. Keep hanging on to that story line of what George Numrich may have, could have, should have, was supposed to have - done. Personally, I find it amusing - given all George Numrich has done for and with the Thompson Submachine Gun http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif To begin your lesson on this appreciation, may I suggest a tour of the West Point Museum.

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Feb 13 2006, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (ClevelandShooter @ Feb 12 2006, 08:08 PM)
.....HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO SETTLE IN THE COURTS WHAT YOU CANNOT SETTLE HERE...

...AS MY ABOVE POST ASKED WHY NOT SUE KAHR FOR FALSE ADVERTISING???????? C"MON ARTY STICK TO THE SUBJECT...

...TD, Arty must be a lawyer he always evades the question and brings up any other thing he can find. I pose the question why not sue Kahr for Cease and desist on there ad's and he posts my posting from Subguns...

...NEW NAME FOR ARTY ; SMOKESCREEN ARTY!!!!!!...

Well, no, how about if you stick to the subject. Here are a few guys exchanging some thoughts on what they seem to think is an interesting, albeit controversial, subject, and they do it in what I read as an intelligent, gentlemanly, and articulate way. And you come stomping in with a bunch of whacked out airhead comments, with lots of all-caps nonsense about lawyers and court challenges and settling things once and for all.

How about a new name for Bill, while we're at it? But I might not be the most objective person to suggest one.

Going back over the thread, I missed where you had anything intelligent to contribute, either here or on the other board.

I guess every stew needs a turd for seasoning, but we are blessed with more than one. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif Some even proudly wear their humorous labellings as badges of honor.

TO PhilOhio

Sorry I ruffled your feathers Phil. However I was sitcking to the subject in as much as You brought up that even today Kahr advertises lineage to The General with there product. I felt that this was a way to prove yours and Arts Theories right or wrong. And when I asked that question Art goes off building smokescreens unseen since WWII destroyers. So yes I used caps however I never used any language that would be offensive to a catholic nun.

Please review my posts and rethink yours. Have a terriffic day!

Bill OUT

QUOTE (John Jr @ Feb 13 2006, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ Feb 13 2006, 12:08 AM)
art we still have the child above you posting.it's not worth it...we took care of all of those type's in high school...or maybe it was kindergarten.t.c.ron
wink!

I'm the child? Who pulls the entire post when he gets called out? This is a great forum for discussing Thompons Mr. Kovar, so why don't you discuss them instead of using the board as an advertisement each time you decide to dump off your wares on board members...

Back on topic...

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

e-nuff foolery. get back to the bizz.t.c.ron

Guys

Don't stop now - this is gettin' entertaining. You know, it just occurred to me - A.O.C. didn't make the model 1921 Thompson - the low bidder did. So, model 21's aren't real Thompsons either..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Feb 15 2006, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (ClevelandShooter @ Feb 14 2006, 02:58 PM)
TO PhilOhio
Sorry I ruffled your feathers Phil. However I was sitcking to the subject in as much as You brought up that even today Kahr advertises lineage to The General with there product. I felt that this was a way to prove yours and Arts Theories right or wrong. And when I asked that question Art goes off building smokescreens unseen since WWII destroyers. So yes I used caps however I never used any language that would be offensive to a catholic nun.
Please review my posts and rethink yours. Have a terriffic day!
Bill OUT

O.K. Bill,

Apology accepted. And I'll offer mine. Before associating anybody or anything with questionable matter floating in stew, I guess I should first determine whether he, she, or it is a registered Democrat. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Now, let's all get on with the important business of finding some reason to pick on the Repected Ron. This "respect" thing has just gone on for entirely too long. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

phil yes humor and joke's are all great......but sometime's i have a serious note...very seldom however it doe's happen.

and sometime's a slight pain arise's when anybody think's they know you and what the purpose of any post maybe, they assume and most time's are wrong.

however most that think that way i found out do that themselve's to people in life.so they just figure because they are full of deceit,and dishonest and crooked everybody else is...

and lately i am not going to bother to post or reply to b.s.here or anyplace else for that matter.

when they give respect they will get it...and most in life talk about class.after dealing with them, found out they know nothing about it and never had it...

and this is the net, so really in the whole scheme of life... whats it all about "Alfie"??

have fun stay safe.and go on with the fancy discussion. what was the heading again?? wink! take care, ron

A thought.

At what point, if ever, does a trade name, or mark become reusable?

Is it possible that Numrich/Trast/Kahr, simply used these because they WERE available. Making good use of a name that was cast aside. The name was never purchased or traded as part of any package. Simply let go until some sharp marketing person decided to capitalize on the history of the company.

Has anyone considered contacting Kahr to find any history?

Numrich recently purchased the remaining stock of Dan Wesson.

What would prevent them from selling what they have in say 10 years, and someone starting the company up again using the same name and DW logo?

It would certainly explain the breaks in the lineage.

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Feb 16 2006, 11:57 AM)
Well, Ron, there's nothing wrong with being serious when it is called for, and being humorous when that seems best.  But we hope you stick with the philosophy of posting whenever you have something to say.  Because I haven't seen it come out wrong so far.

phil i like hanging here.it's a respectable place.and when some know how to give it,they will get it in return.......there is also street respect.and anybody old enough to remember that should know also.

we are all supposed to be born with the five sense's,then along the way we pick up common and street.{ and horse}

that is what give's us the edge...then throw in honesty.....and alot of humor!

however in alot of year's with dealing with people you run across all kind's.and in the thompson world you sometime's find some doozie's..

but then again all collecting catagorie's have the same problem's.

so let's get on with the bizz at hand...and those kit's from russky land are nice, seems to put me back a few year's ago.i knew what was going on before it happened.but why spoil the fun..it's all good....and another 20,000 more to go around...these are the best of time's and they could be the worse{priced complete gun's} take care,ron