Reising 165s

Kilroy

I never seem to see these for sale, is that just me or are they super uncommon? I relatively frequently see their loose stocks for sale with the DOD stamp, but I cant say Ive ever seen a rifle for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I’m mistaken, I was thinking the 165 was the redesigned 65 that had the safety moved to be more like the Garand/M14 safety. I have one, and sold another 65. The one I kept is serial number 745 (IIRC) and is beat to hell. I assume it saw lots of hard use with the Marines. The other 65 I had was an 8000 serial number and was drilled and tapped for a scope on the side of the receiver. I just have not seen a Reising with the M1 style safety for sale, but I also haven’t looked too hard.

Maybe Im mistaken, I was thinking the 165 was the redesigned 65 that had the safety moved to be more like the Garand/M14 safety. I have one, and sold another 65. The one I kept is serial number 745 (IIRC) and is beat to hell. I assume it saw lots of hard use with the Marines. The other 65 I had was an 8000 serial number and was drilled and tapped for a scope on the side of the receiver. I just have not seen a Reising with the M1 style safety for sale, but I also havent looked too hard.

If it has a Garand style safety, its an MC-58. That being said, if the one you kept is serial number 745, it is not an MC-58, as they are in the 6000+ serial number range. There is some kind of disconnect here. Can you post a picture of the rifle?