S&B 45 Ammo

Hello,

Do any of the members have experience, good or bad, running the newer (black box with picture of brass cased 45) S&B ammo in their '28's or M1/M1A1? I have the opportunity to pick up several cases of this ammo at a fantastic price but I've never run the newer ammo. I was trying to find the red,white and green boxed ammo but have had no success. Is there a difference between the two? Thank you for any and all opinions.

stingray656667

Thank you for the information StrangeRanger. That makes me quite a bit more confident knowing that the shooters at the TCA meet were using the S&B ammo which prompted you to obtain a supply as well. I've grabbed all of the cases that the party who is looking to liquidate had on hand.

stingray656667

S&B is my favorite. Only difference in the new packaging color is the they now have small primers.

The original Red/Green/White boxes had the Large primers. Those who reload have to be aware,

Wish I has known that before ordering 4000 rounds. I hate small primer .45 brass.

I just purchased several flats ( 1000 rounds ) of S&B black box. It has large primers and runs great in my Tommy. $13.00 a box by the flat.