Where Can I Find A Copy?

I see that there is a copy of this (The Thompson Submachine Gun by Chris Ellis) book on ebay, and I have bid several times on it but I keep getting out bid. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find a copy, and what is a good price for it. The price is to a point where I am not sure it is worth it. I do not want to bid too much for it only to find out I could have bought it outright much cheaper. Thanks.

Scott

Z3BigDaddy, thanks for the site. I noticed all the books are in Australia with enormous shipping. This will work, if I cannot find one here in good old USofA. Again, thanks.

Scott

I ended up purchasing this book in Australia and eating the shipping. A web search of the title and author yielded a book seller downunder with a web page on which I purchased the book. Below is a far better method.

The book is good, but is more of a coffee table treatment of the subject, having only 64 pages. "American Thunder" and other standard references are actually better and far more complete. The book does have, however, a few excellent photos of the TSMG in WWII that I have seen nowhere else.

The book is: Classic Weapons Series, "The Thompson Submachine Gun", by Chris Ellis, 1998, Parkgate Books, Kiln House, 210 Kings Road London SW6 4NZ. ISBN 1 902616 25 1. Printed and bound in China.

Go to www.campusi.com. Do a search by ISBN, using the above with no spaces. This will take you to amazon.com.uk, where the book can be purchased for $12.70 plus $8.05 shipping (5-7 days), or $34.23 shipping (1-2 days). Good luck and best regards!

If you're not a big hurry just keep checking back... Also do a search on just Thompson gun and sort through all the books... This is how I found my copy and it was a USofA puchase.. Sometimes people don't alway list things so you can find them easily.... Good Luck

BTW I paid 22 bucks plus $5.50 shipping for mine so I didn't get any world shattering buy or anything...

Thanks for all the help and info Z3BigDaddy and TSMGguy. After thinking about it, I decided to purchase a copy of American Thunder and keep this book on the back burner. Oh by the way TSMGguy, is the price you had down from the source in the UK in US Dollars or Brit Pounds? If it is in US Dollars, it sounds like a good buy. Thanks.

Scott