Never Fired 1927 A5 Pistol 4 Sale

Taking best offer. s/n under 200. No clip or drum included. Gun is 99 percent. Some handling marks on one side of the receiver but a really nice looking gun.

http://members.aol.com/unigenous/Pic/1927a5.gif

Edited by unigenous

I bought the gun off of the original owner who needed the money really bad. He bought it in Miami Florida new in the mid 70's or a little later I think. I 'm not really interested in keeping the gun that much. It is really cool and I bet would be fun to shoot with a drum in it. If the price was right I would sell it. I did research the site and was suprised to see what they could go for and I think I would be happy with that amount.

Unigenous

What some of the dealers are asking for these and what they sale for are 2 different animals. Guy had one here in Indy last fall for $1200 and he was laughed at....no really people would ask and them walk away laughing. I saw one guy on Guns America asking $4500 for one. Get real. If it was F/A maybe, but it's a S/A non practical gun. A novelty.

Is this one a steel receiver or aluminum? I have seen both.

i would pay $1,000.00 for one..two problem's..long barrel way too long /but because of the law's..and take's no stock....it's another item for the fanatic thompson guy...who has to have every model....then when he doe's he stare's at them and ask's what now??

put it up for sale for $5,000.00..explain how rare it is..how much you want to make on it to buy another gun{thompson related}maybe a pie plate C-drum...

or a mill's pouch with two 18 shot riot mag's...are they selling for $2,000.00 each yet???wink!!

or just put it away loaded with a 20 rd mag in a glass case..with "DECAL"break glass in a emergency only....

price it fairly and it will sell....everybody want's a thompson..well some do...other's have alot of other gun's..on the mind..good luck and have a good 2006.take care,ron

Thanks for the reply's..

The receiver is made out of aluminum.

So far the 1000 dollar offer is the best.

I did a little more research and found that they made between 3000 and 4000 of these guns. Now I do not know how many were of the steel type and how many were of the aluminum type. I do know that when it comes to some guns, the price of a piece is relative to what some person is willing to spend or more realistic, how much disposable income one has. Look at a previous post for the original mint 1921 Thompson. 85,000 US dollars.......WOW To me, I laugh and walk away but to guy that has 85,000 dollars for pocket change.......Can you gift rap it for me please.

I would love to have an original Thompson. Maybe some day when my pocket change is a little more substantial I will be smiling instead of laughing.