Best Prices On Kahr Or Auto Ordnance 27 A-1s?

I have been saving pennies like a miser for quite some time and I am wondering who has the best price on a 1927 A-1 either Auto Ordnance or Kahr arms. I would even consider a well used one as long as it fired reliably as I plan on refinishing it anyway. Does anyone know of a good source for decent priced Thompson semi autos? I apologize if this is not the proper forum to ask this question. I have one more flooring job to finish in about two weeks and should have enough to purchase one if the price is right

Thanks

maverick

Sorry, Topic should have read 27 A-1's

Edited by maverick4440

Maverick,

Check around in your area with local dealers. I bought my Kahr 27A1 for $860 NIB. After mangling the mag catch a bit it functioned very good.

PK fixed my mess when he did other items to the gun that profoundly increased the function and appearance of the piece.

You may end up paying more for one of the WH AO 27's than the Kahr, also keep in mind that you may need parts, and might need to have them made.

I picked up a nice Kahr here off the boards for $650, and before that a WH at the Big Reno gunshow for $750..... Both guns have xlnt finish, and the one I picked up here had premium wood and an original Lyman sight installed on it...... BTW Posting on this board "means never having to say your sorry"....

SOoo, you want a 27 ehh?

well the FIRST thing you should do is figure out who this PK fella is.

there are MANY MANY things that can and often need done to the new 27's. he has a handle on them.

not long ago there was one or two for on this site, not sure if they ever sold. iirc i paid $900 for mine at a local shop.

i would check around at any dealers(don't have to be AO dealers..) they *should* be able to hook you up.

i'm not sure i would go with a used piece, unless it came from THIS board.

I paid around $800 for mine NIB. Be prepared to spend more, either to get it going, or to make it look nicer. They tend to jam and the rear sights work loose.