• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 johnsonlmg41

johnsonlmg41

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:30 PM

106214 is for sure original finish.  The crud around the selector is a mix of grease/ rust, but really the photo looks a lot worse than it is.  That would be the one I'd pick over the others.

7781 looks good, but the finish on the gun does not match the dings on the stock and the different shades would lead me to think it was reblued....but not recently because of the dried oil on the receiver.  Or the stock was switched out?  Hard call on that one, and the photos are not that great.

8327 should be priced much lower.....it has nothing going for it by comparison.

David is correct, don't fix what ain't broke!  Lots of aftermarket parts are marginal.  I've never touched any of mine and they all work fine.  I have guns in all three finishes of the guns discussed (including one that was refinished) and the only one I'd be sure about is 106214 based on the photos provided.

Side note Ingram M6's did not ship blochy, but some are now.  Mine is not.  HTH

#22 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2319 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

thanks for your opinions

I will strongly consider this gun

The finish is in amazing condition. I originally passed on it as I figured it was an older refinish

Edited by huggytree, 30 November 2018 - 08:43 PM.

#23 Canuck

Canuck

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

the next sequential serial # on my ingram m6 came up on GB this past year. how rare was that? (sadly it was goofed with and had a goofy home made stock)

i considered bidding just to own 2 guns that were next to each other in 1950

how does the finish on your gun compare to rubens reising...do you agree its an original finish?

If you scroll down the previous posts to the Toronto Police Reisings you'll see pictures of mine. I believe 106230 still has its original finish and looks very much like 106214. My other one, 106231, has been, I believe, refinished at some point.

#24 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2319 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:24 AM

you are very lucky...a beautiful well taken care of gun...

the nice stamp for the police dept is cool too...i see too many police hack job markings...a nice stamp like yours adds to the value in my opinion

im surprised Canadian police ever had machine guns.

#25 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1134 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:53 PM

Huggy, this is the finish on my 111,0XX Reising Model 50 that I feel is original. You cannot tell from my photograph but the M stamp on the barrel shows bare metal in the stamp on my Reising.

Have you made a decision?

dcTYDpul.jpg

4cGiYBfl.jpg

p1z9jlSl.jpg

Edited by Bridgeport28A1, 03 December 2018 - 04:04 PM.

#26 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2319 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

beautiful condition--gotta think it never made it to ww2..just sat in a crate somewhere

waiting for ruben to get me a pic of the selector aeea after cleaning the grease up with some solvent...seeing whats there under the gunk

i noticed the gun is on safe and this gunk is normally hidden under the selector when on Auto...so i am more hopeful this is gunk vs/rust

should have my pic tomorrow and can move forward with my purchase

even if its light rust i most likely will still move ahead with this gun. i can knock it down some with steel wool and its hidden under the selector..so ill never see it

#27 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1134 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:36 PM

beautiful condition--gotta think it never made it to ww2..just sat in a crate somewhere

waiting for ruben to get me a pic of the selector aeea after cleaning the grease up with some solvent...seeing whats there under the gunk

i noticed the gun is on safe and this gunk is normally hidden under the selector when on Auto...so i am more hopeful this is gunk vs/rust

should have my pic tomorrow and can move forward with my purchase

even if its light rust i most likely will still move ahead with this gun. i can knock it down some with steel wool and its hidden under the selector..so ill never see it

Thank goodness that all the Model 50's and 55's didn't all go to Guadalcanal and end up in the Lunga River. My Model 50 likely wasn't even made in time for the Soloman Islands campaign. I estimate it was made right around the end of the USMC contract in the first half of 1943.

#28 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2319 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:42 PM

thanks for all your advice...especially Dave....i got an assurance from Ruben that 106214 has no rust, so the deal is finalized.

with an Efile i hope to see it around Christmas

i have to buy a copy of the book yet, but can anyone tell me the year my gun was made? im guessing 1943?

thanks!