Repro M1 Sling From Hong Kong

Just ordered a repro Thompson sling from an outfit in Hong Kong. It arrived only three days after I received an emiled acknowledgment of my order. The sling can be seen and ordered at:

http://www.wargameclub.com/pcart/shopper.p...m=KM-TPS_srch_1

This is an extremely accurate and high quality reproducton of the late WWII second variation Thompson sling. When placed next to a mint condition original in my collection, only inconsequential differences can be seen. If anything, the repro is of better quality than the original. On the reproduction, the steel hardware is beautifully and evenly blued to almost a mirror finish , and the hardware is perfectly formed with no burrs or sharp edges. The webbing has an identical weave to the original, but is of a slightly darker mustard color.

I'm really pleased with this item, and can highly recommend it. $29 plus shipping.

Best regards, and a Merry Christmas to all!

Sherwood (now Northridge) in Kalifornia had the slings for $7 a while back. The metal was much simpler than the one shown from Hong Kong. They are allegedly US made British contract slings. They may still have some, although I'm sure they are much more more than $7 now. Mine was unmarked, but I saw RIA stamped into the web portion on one once. Don't know how legit that was. I lucked into an original Kerr sling for $20 at a show a few years back (and cheap bastard that I am, felt I was paying about $5 too much). The M1 rifle sling looks good on an M1 Thompson also. If you aren't picky about dates, a post war M1 or M14 canvas sling works just as well.

I searched for years for an original sling for a Dutch made Portuguese AR10. Sold the gun and never found a sling. Rarer than an FG42 sling.

My Snoopy dance happy find was an original blue/black canvas sling for a Colt ArmaLite 601. Seen in early Colt factory sales brochures. Never seen another in real life. Got it from the same guy I bought the gun from a few years after I bought the gun. My gun is complete now with every factory original accessory. If I could only figure out the damn digital camera.