Thompson Items For Sale - Gunlist

Gun List Feb 27, page 118 has an ad from "checkpointcharlies" for several thompson items inc guns. I phoned about several items and got little help. There are guns, drums and mags listed.

www.checkpointcharlies.com is the site -

At Checkpoint Charlie's... posted just to see colt21a bust a seam.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

COLT THOMPSON 1921AC W/CASE & ACCES. 
COLT THOMSON 1921AC #5682 W/POLICE HARD CASE (REPRO?), ORIG. CANVAS PARTS KIT, CLEANING ROD, 3 20RD. MAGS & 'L' DRUM, C&R, 98-99%

In Stock: Yes  Price: $34,900.00

I had a chance to view check point charlies web site (www.checkpointcharlies.com ) and have a few recommendations for a new name:

www.overpricedcharlies.com

www.bendovercharlies.com

www.doublethepricecharlies.com

www.ouchwhatapricecharlies.com

and a few more....

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Old check point chuck must be smoking some imported crack or something. Holy crap Batman! A AO M1 for $15,950 ( I might be of a couple hun). May Chuck would give me $25k for this old Colt I found yesterday. Maybe the cold in Wisconsin is getting to him. Should someone email or call this nut and remind him he doesn't have the only one around!!??

How about www.IdontgiveashitifIsellemcharlie.com or ifyoudontlikehtepricegethef**koutofherecharlie.com... A lot of us are old enuff to remember the gas crisis.... I think most of us sat in line waiting for gas while somewhere in town there was a station with gas at an astounding 75cents a gallon! Where there were no lines, and all the gas you wanted.... Same here you can sit in line at subguns.com, or the other site I don't know how to spell, and hit refresh waiting for that $4,500 Pearl or $6,500 WH to pop up.... Or you can go to Charlie and work out a deal no lines no waiting.... I just don't get the constant mocking of people for trying to get top dollar for their product... Machine guns in general, and Thompsons in particular, are on a steep value climb.... I think it will eventually plateau, just where is the 64 dollar question.

Blaine

The problem is not the sellers or the market place... Just the people of modest means who want to own one... I'd like to own and be able to maintain a Ferrari but I'm driving a BMW instead... I don't blame Ferrari owners/sellers because they are worth more than I can muster... I have been in guns a long time, as in forever, and I regret not getting into classIII when the stamp was more than the gun but I didn't. My fault, but I don't blame the people now doing a little, or a lot, of profit taking at the moment. Shoot I just bought an item that maybe, with labor, cost a dollar to make for $4,500.00, but I don't begrudge anybody... Just as I don't begrudge the time a bought I Johnson rifle for 15 bucks and thought I did well selling it for $55.00 when the next guy sold it for big bucks.... Hey guns and dun dealing is just another world, either you have fun and go with the flow, or you can be cynical and bitch and moan about the good ole days and how everyone now is trying to screw you....

All of these Class III dealers seem to be engaged in an unholly alliance with one another to keep their prices 25% above market value, but at least CheckeredCareerCharlies lists his prices on his website, where as Armament Services International employs the "call for further info on price" technique. This seems odd considering they already have the disclaimer "prices subject to change without notice" posted on the website.

Sellers trying to score a home run on buyers have always been ripe for ridicule. The real problem with some of these Class III dealers is that they have eschewed all accepted methods of grading these guns in favor of the all encompassing non committal descriptions such as, "rare", "original", "desirable", and "collectable. It is one thing to attempt top dollar for truly fine examples of these guns, it is another matter to justify these prices for freakazoid pieces.

i am not sure if you guys cared for me to chime in on this subject................i ended up in a round about way,buying one of "thee M.G.M.guns from charlie is wisc.

seem'd he ended up with it on a trade deal............i was five minutes ahead of getting it from a few other thompson collector's..........who's names i won't mention......

anyhow it was a good deal then,and actually priced very fair..............about $8,000.00 completed cased set.remember this gun was reblued and rebarreled,even the blank adapt barrel and comp came with it,

i of course since traded it for another {colt}model to a friend of mine..........so that was a good deal then,now for $40,000 for a run of the mill thompson................not for me!!!

yes i have a passion for these.and next to a few other collector's..........probably studied them the most...

{and owned, sold, and traded, over 130 of them}

i am happy with the one i have................and after seeing this ad, i guess now maybe i can sell this one for $100,000> wink!! just kidding..............

so i am sure somebody will want this one BAAAADLY!!!!

it is a sad state of affair's.......we have finally come to this......oh!well! the nature of the beast{thompson}

take care ron/colt21a

• 2 weeks later...

nope its going to be relisted for $46,395.89 now dealers like the on spot thompson price,like gold and silver....gold is still worth more then a thompson tho.........

at least if you had 10 pounds of gold.......

now i just chuckle and laugh at this madness.......

and will not join the fray............ as they are all full of hay.......

ron

Hey guys... it still is` buyer beware`when it comes to used guns or cars or whatever.If someone ponies up that kinda cheese it just makes me feel better about my past deals on tmsgs. Most or us here researched our deals and probably did our homework and looked for quite sometime before gettin` our feet wet...then found a gun that we got a pretty good deal on based on prior knowledge..so if someone else pays too much it doesn`t change a thing for me..I still have 3 tmsg I will cherish for the rest of my life...my .02,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

QUOTE (21 smoker @ Feb 21 2004, 12:30 PM)
Hey guys... it si still` buyer beware`when it comes to used guns or cars or whatever.If someone ponies up that kinda cheese it just makes me feel better about my past deals on tmsgs. Most or us here researched our deals and probably did our homework and looked for quite sometime before gettin` our feet wet...then found a gun that we got a pretty good deal on based on prior knowledge..so if someone else pays too much it doesn`t change a thing for me..I still have 3 tmsg I will cherish for the rest of my life...my .02,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

yep and i got all my moolah back on every thompson i sold.............so in the word's of seinfeld!!! "hey i'm even"

its only the past ten years of newblood that has entered the "madness"

in another 20 years or so,who really is going to care anyhow..........in the word's of al capone,"i'm talkin about stayin alive..............

ron

There is a very nice AO 1928A1 for sale in our next local firearms auction on the 18th April. It will most probably sell for US$1750.00 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Anyone interested? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Murray,

Please quit teasing us Americans! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif (just kidding!)

Norm

Sorry guys but I can't help myelf, but I am not joking about the price.

That translates to about $3500 New Zealand dollars and it twice what they were two years ago here so we have obviously caught the same "Thompsono fever" down here.

Interesting though, a 30 round mag sells for about $100.00 down here.