Help On Dating Savage Tsmg

Hi guys! Need some help on finding out when my Savage 1928a1 TSMG was made. Its serial number is S-135695. I know i really should be the one to research on this but from where i com from there's zilch literature on Thompsons. Any help would be highly appreciated. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Just call her on the phone and ask her out.

Just make sure she's not loaded when you kiss her Cutts.

You just want to get into her receiver, don't you?

You guys are just so bad. Here is someone new and asking some valuable information on a new found item, and you turn it into a mess. Probably scared the poor guy off.

Welcome Prairiefire, they have forgotten the most important thing to tell you about. Always, I repeat,always wear protection. It could cost you your eyes and ears.

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ May 12 2004, 06:59 AM)

Welcome Prairiefire, they have forgotten the most important thing to tell you about. Always, I repeat,always wear protection. It could cost you your eyes and ears.

Shoot Mike.... Wearing protection is like taking a shower with a raincoat on..... I guess it does prevent the spread of STD's*

*Sound Transmitted Deafness

Stay away from those Whorleys. They just take your money and make you feel bad.

Don't forget what they always say.....

Once you date a Savage, you can't go back................................ or something like that.

To Hawksnest: Thanks a lot, man. Your answer made me appreciate the gun more. On the lighter side, to all the comments on "dating" my Savage, LOL! Took me a few seconds to grasp what you guys were commenting on! Went like this"...why are they all talking about asking her out when all i was asking was to help DATE my...OH O.K., DARN I GET IT! LOL! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Hmmm, sometimes all this Thompsonitis can be bad for my heh,heh understanding of yankee humor! Makes me wish i could go to a Thompson shoot in the U.S. one of this days. Date my Thompson, huh?! Nyahahahahahah

Hawksnest, once again your help is most profoundly appreciated!

Prairiefire: Your are most welcome. If you are ever visiting central Ohio let me know in advance and you can play with my Savages. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Makes me wish i could go to a Thompson shoot in the U.S. one of this days

Where are you located at Prairiefire if you say you would like to come to the US to shoot one day?

• 2 weeks later...

Full-Auto .45 / Hawksnest:

Man, sorry to take so long to reply! My computer "died" for 2 weeks, so I wasn't able to reply ASAP. Anyway, i'm from the Philippines, from Cebu province to be exact. Going to the U.S....? Well, i can dream, can't I? Getting a visa to go there is kinda hard, the U.S. embassy people here giving new meaning to the term "hardnosed", and the fare alone one-way is 4 mos. salary for me. Maybe one day a trip to a TCA shoot would be truly cool! When that happens, i'll be looking for you guys there! In case you're wondering how somebody who has a TSMG not afford a plane ticket there

Thompsons here in my country are practically dirt-cheap. Got mine for about a months wages ( 15,000 pesos or about approximately 280 U.S dollars ). They're cheap since most gunowners here think they're "old and ineffective", to quote one sadly misinformed friend of mine. The hot ticket here are dressed upped M-16s and M4s, sold at prices 3-4x that in the U.S. However, those few of us who own TSMGS and i know of about half a dozen others, are, like me , highly enamored with our guns and would not ever think of parting with them. Those not so hot about TSMGs usually start asking about where to get one once they see me empty a 50 rd. drum in one long coool burst! Yeehaah! Anyway, once again thaks for your help guys, and i DO hope to see you if and when i go to a TCA shoot!

WOW!! $280 for a Tommy. Man O' man, if they were that much here again! Use that Thompson well in the Phillipines. Keep those bad guys away from your town.

Maybe we could start that rumor of the Thompson being "old and ineffective" up here and nobody would want them anymore!?

Ok, I'm only dreaming, I'm back.

if you come across maximo, or anthony quinn,or miss bondi............i want my thompson pouch back..wink!!

as i am sure you have seen "bataan"the J.W.version.......take care,always hold the thompson high!!

ron