WTS: Scarce M1903 Rifle Manual, 1906, $125 + Ship

I have a scarce, original, pre-WWI manual for the M1903 Rifle for sale. It is publication No. 1923 titled, "Description and Rules for the Management of the U.S. Magazine Rifle, Model 0f 1903, Caliber .30, March 3, 1904, Revised April 18, 1906," printed by the Government Printing Office in Washington in 1906. It's 57 pages long.

This manual al is 113 years old, and is in remarkable shape for its age. I would rate it as good minus. It has some minor stains, scuffs, and small dents to its hard cover, and there is some minor separation from the binding on the inside, which can be seen in the photo below showing the rifle. This is definitely a collector's item. One like it is pictured on page 208 of Bruce Canfield's excellent book on the '03 Springfield Service Rifle.

It also includes a typewritten, fire scorched piece of paper from long ago about deflection. Perhaps this manual was used by someone in the Navy. Not sure, but I'm including this insert with the manual, as it's a part of its history.

Here are some photos:

M1903_Manual_1906.jpgM1903_Manual_1906_Inside1.jpgM1903_Manual_1906_Inside2.jpgM1903_Manual_1906_Inside3.jpgM1903_Manual_1906_RearCover.jpgM1903_Manual_M1906_Insert.jpg

I'm posting this here, because this site is collector focused, and if it doesn't sell immediately, I'll also post it on Sturm. Someone here is probably an M1903 collector that needs this manual in their collection.

The price for this manual is $125, plus $3.27 Media Mail shipping, and if you are in Ohio I must collect your local sales tax. You can pay by PayPal, or by check. Please reply to the thread if interested, or you can PM me, or send an email to my address below.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com