Colt On Gunbroker $35,000

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Dec 30 2005, 09:00 PM)
I like this one mo' better!

Better 1921

That Colt TSMG (with the WWII stock) ad has been running for a good while. Something must spook potential buyers aside from the horrible pics. His reserve probably exceeds the price of the TSMG that started this thread.

This is an amnesty Thompson - background unknown. Gordon lists this Thompson as 95% (Obviously, information that was only reported to Gordon). Can you tell anything about actuator?

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Dec 30 2005, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Dec 30 2005, 09:00 PM)
I like this one mo' better!

Better 1921

That Colt TSMG (with the WWII stock) ad has been running for a good while. Something must spook potential buyers aside from the horrible pics. His reserve probably exceeds the price of the TSMG that started this thread.

I bid on this last time it was up.... Another board member was also in the bidding. Emailed the seller for his reserve to see if I even wanted to get involved.... Told me the reserve was "classified" but reasonable..... WTF? Kinda reminds me of the game playing that the other joker had going.... "Send me certified funds and I'll tell you if you got it." Anyhow I don't play the reserve game so no bidding this time.... If I have an auction with a reserve I reveal it in the description.....

On the #1769 gun, how can "a slight bluge inside the barrel" not interfere with the function of the gun??? Somebody enlighten me here. I'd think that a bulged barrel would be a BAD thing. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nono.gif

QUOTE (TD. @ Dec 30 2005, 09:18 PM)
This is an amnesty Thompson - background unknown. Gordon lists this Thompson as 95% (Obviously, information that was only reported to Gordon). Can you tell anything about actuator?

Why GH reports any condition rating of a TSMG listed in his serial # periodical without an explanation, disclaimer or caveat is disturbing. If he personally cannot verify the condition then he should abstain from including any evaluation percentages. This particular "95%" example invalidates any accuracy in GH's "reporting" of condition.

Arthur - Agree (wow - did I say that http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif )

Ron - BigDaddy's remarks above notwithstanding, I give the seller credit for at least warning potential buyers of this definite problem. I certainly would not want to shoot it and risk something happening to the registered receiver.

Just think, it really wasn't that long ago that you could buy a Colt Thompson like this for a few grand, have a WWII barrel installed and own a great shooter.

the only thing that amaze's me with the end of 2005, is that some people really think at $35,000.00 this is some sort of deal..man am i behind the payroll curve.when did everybody on the planet start making $250,000.00 a year or more?

and people complain about a 45 at $2,000.00 or a nice fal at $3,000.00 or above? and a garand now for over a $1,000.00..........even at s.a.r.i did not see many dealer's flashin around the $35,000.00 plus to spend on gun's..98% of them looked like they could not afford $10,000.00 much less $35,000.00

alot of horse trading i think is also going on in the gun bizz..

and even some of the big time player's i have talked to have sold off most of the collection's to keep the door's open..sure they have gun's in inventory..and for a price everything is for sale. of course we have the other 2% or more who don't sell...

man it must feel good to write that $35,000.00 check and never worry or look back at it..

and still have another mill in the bank! wink!

T.C. ron

or as arthur want's to say welcome the curmugeon's or somethin.everybody gotta get into the act.

I`d like to know how you can use a M1 bolt in a 21?.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif ...for that kinda of greenbacks the seller should at least give you the right spare parts!... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif