17K Thompson Firing Pin

Yes.

A Broadhead Armory firing pin, do a search and there are old threads on them. Price is almost all for the ATF piece of paper.

Thanks for the info i looked up the thread. There is a broadhead converted 1927 a1 WH converted for sale on sub guns. Edited by Petroleum 1

Back around 1989/1990 I had a converted semi 27a1 to full auto as test sample for guys who wanted to go to range to test. since I was not going to use a Colt, But did have a few WAR DOG conditions ones also. the gun did not always function. and I looked at it as a shooter for sure. I ended dup selling it to some guy who wanted to rent it on some range indoor shoots in Wisconsin. It was cheap bucks for him at the time. He got it to work well. and it had a good finish and proper wood and 10.5 barrel and comp. Never even bothered to look at the conversion work. At the time was sooo busy doing gun deals, and shows and traveling... that stuff never came to mind. It was another gun to shoot and show around. But many did get to shoot it in Illinois which being a closed state. Many had been happy just to look and hold let alone shoot one.

I always was accommodating to those who cared.

Colt21A Ron

$135 to ship....i suspect there is some hidden profit here

I checked the usual suspects shipping/insurance rates, that's pretty close actually less in some cases.

seems after the initial charge its around $.95 per $100 of insurance .

Still though, for $17k there's so many better options out there, if you shop around you could buy 2-3 nice mg's for that much. or find some guy who needs cash for something stupid like a boat or divorce lawyer.

Still though, for $17k there's so many better options out there, if you shop around you could buy 2-3 nice mg's for that much. or find some guy who needs cash for something stupid like a boat or divorce lawyer.

Thats for sure i bought 3 nib mgs locally this past summer and it was right at 17k... Unfortunately they were not Thompsons ha

Edited by Petroleum 1

My guess is it is not for sale. Isn't that the new site that is giving away a MAC 11/9 via a raffle. You have to list a NFA item for sale first. My guess is most of the things listed are just that. Listed to get in on the raffle, and not priced to sell.

My guess is it is not for sale. Isn't that the new site that is giving away a MAC 11/9 via a raffle. You have to list a NFA item for sale first. My guess is most of the things listed are just that. Listed to get in on the raffle, and not priced to sell.

Sandman1957

Today i received one of those weekly emails from franks and he listed it on there for $15k said something like the firing pins you guys have been waiting for are here bla bla

Sure they are for sale, course always bear in mind they are NOT Franks, he's just the messenger.

I'd guess a significant amount of work to make it function well? While the implication of an HK type sear thing is the perceived value, it gets lost in translation when applied to vintage type firearms like a Thompson and it's certainly not a "drop in" with multiple "firing pin" hosts readily available in different configurations. Lots of creative ideas out of broadhead armory.....enough to land you in the clink.

To each their own.

Some of these devices such as a drop in auto sear for the AR15 go for $40K.

The advantage is that you can transfer from one gun to another or transport a "machine gun" in your pocket.

HK auto-sears are worth more than registered receiver guns.

Edited by lightguy