Ebay M1a1 Parts Kit? Opinions?

Hey all, looking at making a nice display M1A1 and was wondering if this is a good start? Just stumbled across it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2220888842 I have more experience with Garands and M1 carbines so I really need a little help from the experts. Any observations? Comments.

I guess a display Thompson will have to do until I get divorced! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

pete

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Jan 26 2004, 09:20 PM)
If it stays at that price.... yeah a fair price... Not a steal just a fair price. I bought one looks just like it and paid quite a bit more for it, like the seven and a half range... It was before I found this site... dang it... You can go to IMA and get the kits for 450 bucks plus shipping ,but they are not as nice as this one... Because of the way the ebaYâ„¢ kit is cut, you can put in a mag, use a black zip tie, and the whole thing will stay together so you can hang it on the wall or whatever.... BTW if you spend 15K on a FA real deal, just remember your Xwife may end up with half of it.. LOL Good luck

Hmm...really need to hold on to the wife. She bought me one hell of a gun cabinet for Christmas so she's a keeper. Anyway, thanks for all the info. That was just what I was looking for! This newbie really appreciates the help. After all, we're all new to something once.

Was throwing around the idea of getting a new AO SBR so I can actually shoot but then I'm more of a collector so that blows the "representative piece" idea. I really doubt there's a single USGI part in 'em.

Thanks again!