Bought an H&R 700DL Today at OGCA

dalbert

I think I did pretty well on my purchase today of an H&R Model 700DL at Ohio Gun Collector's Association. I paid $400 for the rifle, which is the deluxe model, and was manufactured in 1982. The wood is very nice, and the rifle appears to have had minimal use. It has an original H&R 4x32 scope that accompanied the deluxe model. It is a semi-automatic action, and .22 Magnum caliber, in a full-size rifle that is about 6.5 lbs.

For those who may not be aware, this rifle is a Reising design descendant. While it does not have the bolt actuator located on the bottom of the stock, the design uses Eugene Reising's original design, and represents an H&R manufacturing design legacy for him after his death in 1967. The rifle was made from about 1977 to 1986, when the original H&R went bankrupt.

Model 700 Engineering Lineage...

Model 50 SMG→Model 55 SMG→Model 60 Semi (All .45 ACP)

↘︎Model 65→Model 165→Model 150→Model 151→Model MC-58 (All .22 LR)

↘︎Model 700 (.22 Magnum)

There are some other related models, but these are the core models leading to the Model 700.

The Model 700 was also made in a regular style that was not originally paired with a scope from H&R.

IMG_7675.jpgIMG_7676.jpgIMG_7677.jpg

Your Thoughts?

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Dalbert that is a great looking rifle you have there . I have the plain jane version of it and love it ,but i would like to ask you if you have any info on how to lighten the trigger pull. Mine had a 9 lb trigger when i first bought so i have polished the sear,disconnect , trigger ,all pins and pin holes ,inside of trigger housing and everything i can polish. Also made a trigger shoe that locates my finger to the very end of the trigger for more leverage now it is at 5 ish. Also adjusted the trigger travel Any info would be greatly appreciated .

thanks Cliff

Ok , Thank you for getting back to me about the trigger pull . One other ques the cartridge case rim area has a very slight bulge out the back on some of the fired rounds i guess most of them , i think maybe the action bar spring may be a little weak . Numrick has those springs but are used ones , i think i may contact Wolfe for a replacement spring. Does your rifle bulge the case at the rear surface area ?

There was a guy walking around OGCA on sunday with a Model 60 Reising. I talked to him for a bit and he said it was all he could afford, but one day he wants to get a Model 50. Said that was the gun he lusted for as a kid when he saw one at a gun shop while out with his dad one day. More power to him and I hope he gets one.

Its interesting to see all the variations that Reising had when it came to the deisgn. There are times I think about trying to find a nice Model 165 to play around with.