Book i wrote on the K-50M submachine gun

billy here, nice to here from you i almost didnt see your post.. what do you think of the newby who wrote firts post he wrote a book on k50 ? actually i call b.s. on him, he never reply, im 77 years old i still have guns i bought before 1968,,a sten for 19.95,,a lanchester for 29.95 etc etc and i have original bill of sale,,first k50 i ever saw was from a navy guy on a river patrol boat, they shot up a vc boat that tried to rub, he snuck it back, total rusty but complete, the rec. had been a chinese ppsh cut down, the workmanship was quite nice, then i gust kept hearing about more of these, not in any ident manual at that time. of all ive seen all start as chinese,,i dont thing jungle made, more sophicated modifycations the way the barrel jacket cut down and crimped, some the barrel jacket lengths varys,,, the pistol grip from nice ak wood to carved jungle replacement on one,, the stocks different lengths, slight different,, front sight vary, look like ak but something different,,some howi wonder if these made in china fo trials by vc,, very few k50 in nfa registry but i suppect many parts kits around, any ways im kinda pissed with the guy who said he wrote a book,,id like your opinon,, thanks for reading this, stay safe

• 8 months later...

I have personally handled a K50 C&R and really liked the gun. This was obviously an early production model, SN <500. I clearly looked like it was made (modified) in an underground or at least a less sophisticated environment, especially the shortened shroud work. Also, the bolt holding the pistol grip on was rather crude. Very cool conversation piece however!