Doug Richardson Ultimax on GB

No affiliation whatsoever.....

Posted out of interest and historical record... Another Doug Richardson Ultimax M1A1 Rec on Gunbroker, this one includes a poor M1A1 kit (IMO).... starts at $8500

WW2 Thompson M1A1 Kit Original Doug Richardson Ultimax 80% Receiver - Other Rifle Accessories & Parts at GunBroker.com : 931298567

R/S JB

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure this was just sold by ReconBob. Buyer now wants to resell it?

Also this stuff ... Thompson m1 Savage NOS parts kit Richardson collection - Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com : 930447623

That seller has another Richardson grip auction. 1921 Thompson foregrip Richardson reproduction - Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com : 931783565

WOW, That's is a nice M1 kit you posted, 15 years ago they were 500 bucks in that condition.... should have piled them up...

Edited by thirtyround

I do not know if I sold Bigbosstactical one of Dougs receivers, but it appears he has copied exactly - word for word - the description I wrote some months back when I sold a few of Dougs receivers.

Also he is not correct that Dougs Ultimax receivers are the only receivers with a fully machined ejection port, feed ramp, and extractor slot. These features have been standard on Phila Ord receivers for many years.

The last receivers Doug made he did not broach the extractor slots. He drilled a 1/4 round hole where the extractor slot was to be,

then drilled the larger hole for the bolt head, barrel thread, etc. He was always looking to make what he considered to be improvements - like his screw-on grip mount, but each of these ideas made the end result a little less of a Thompson.

Bob

Edited by reconbob