Ingram M6 with custom fore end.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ivan

Ivan

• Regular Group
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:04 PM

This one is still in Stamp Prison. Hopefully have it before end of year !?!

I know a litle of it's history. Was ex-police gun. Sometimes in the 1980's it was disassembled by another owner with idea of refinishing. Unfortunatly some of the parts were lost when that guy put it away and forgot about it. Purchased by Dad in the early 90's and rebuilt. Original pistol grip and mounting pieces were missing. IIRC the safety, some other small parts,  and rear sight missing too. Has a flash hider made from a piece of 16 ga shotgun barrel.

Dad fabricated the fore end from a chunk of walnut. Reworked some Tommy gun mags to fit it. Original mags were tough to find and expensive.

The gun does run like a top.

Attached Files

#2 BillyDixon

BillyDixon

• Regular Group
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

wow, now thats my kind of gun,! do what ever takes to keeo them running., good work.

#3 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2831 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

I think it looks better than factory

Dan block I heard can make you a set of wood. Remove the flash hider and refinish and bring it back to factory if youd like

As a cheap gun im not sure if the mismatch parts hurts the value that much.

I enjoy mine. Very accurate on semi auto. Off the target if you do more than a short burst. Very fun for a cheap gun

Mags were $99 niw last time I checked. Id grab a few while they are still reasonable.

Edited by huggytree, 11 August 2019 - 06:58 PM.

#4 Ivan

Ivan

• Regular Group
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

Think I will keep the gun the way it is. Does not really hurt value. After all, when you buy a  transferable MG you are paying for a piece of paper.

Checked APEX site for mags, they are listing them at $122 plus shipping. Have 3 original mags, 2 work well. Have a bunch of converted Tommy Gun mags that seem to run perfect...…..

Might start another post with magazine pics.