Original 1921 Colt Thompson Barrel

Just saw an ad on Sturmgewehr.com for an original mint 1921 Colt Thompson barrel. The guy is asking $5,000 for it. I was just wondering, is this even close to a realistic price? Is a barrel really worth 1/4 of the guns value? I understand that it's important to have the correct barrel on ones gun to facilitate a $20,000 asking price for the gun, however, it seems like a bit too much to ask...am I wrong?

What it is, is this guy really loves the barrel and really doesn't want to part with it. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif At Knob Creek there was a couple original '21 barrels used very good shape, $250. I passed on that. 1 I saw was good shape, couple scratches and not the best color on it, but inside was mirror shape, for $150. I don't own it either.

If somebody gives this knot-head $5k for a barrel then maybe the local officer in charge should check them out to see if these boys be smokin' a little homegrown laced with somethin'!

Ive got to sell that shmuck some of my stuff. I have a Lee Enfield I don't need. It shoots, looks great and is only $94,000.00

I will finance it with 20% down and 6% interest for 30 years.

What a cracksmoker!

Jr

MERGED TOPIC ALERT.

Oh, and he cannot spell barrel either!

Arthur, I have the real Loch Ness monsters chipped tooth. See http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

http://mikesmachineguns.homestead.com/files/Hand_Tooth.JPG

Weeeellllllllll.

Maybe if someone would step up to the plate and give this guy the 5 grand, I just might sell off my spare '28 barrels (non-finned, both NIW, one Savage, one Stevens) for a mere $3500.00 each.

Whaddya think??

Howsabout Blish locks for $875.00 shipped?

I saw this ad also and am still chuckling!

john

One original Loch Ness Monster Tooth will be on sale for one day only for the low price of $1000! Now this is the original tooth not a reprint or copy. First $1000 takes it. It is slightly used and does show wear, but it has not been rebuilt. Remember is is only about 5 million years old, all original. Very slight enamal wear. Did I mention it is an original?

Is that tooth an original or has it been refinished? Is it from the original LNM or is it from that pitiful company set up to make fake teeth, that thing has the tip broken off, hehehehehe....

I am going to bed now. Deer season comes in two days... CYA next week!!!!!!!!!!

Jr

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Nov 6 2003, 10:18 PM)
I do see some enamel on the tooth that might appear to be white lettering. I think it says, "Eat at Luigui's."

[snot] LMAO!

PhilOhio, yes it can from the bay.

I hope to get back out and dive it and dig up a couple to have. I bought this one a few years back. The "nessy" it would have come from estimated size would be around 45-50 feet. That is one hell of a shark! Too bad the tips are broke off of this tooth. The largest tooth like this I have held completely covered my hand. That is almost as long as a thirty round Thompson mag! I knew I could fit a Thompson into this story somehow!