1927a1 Firing Pin

Folks,

Does anyone have an extra firing pin for a 27a1? Mine broke and I just really don't want to mess with Kahr. Besides the gun is a Westy. If you have an extra how about e-mail me with cost and address. Thanks much!

Rick

rickveal@charter.net

Rick,

Check to make sure of the pin shape as there are 2 styles of pins for the 27 A1. You will also need to file the area on the bottom of the pin where it engages the sear. I found it easiest to drift out the retracting pin rather than the 2 retaining pins to remove the old firing pin. Please note that the measurements were taken from a Kahr 1927 firing pin. Measure carefully before you file!

Gun Parts has the short nose type and Kahr has both, but you must specify, you can order from both via their web sites, Kahr is very fast with shipping.

http://home.ptd.net/~wolfen/thompson/pin1.jpg

• 11 years later...

Say I'm curious if any one knows if a Kahr firing pin will safely interchange with a West Hurley 1927A5 that was designed for the long type firing pin. That is to say would any excess tolerance cause perhaps the bolt face to crack? Reason being Gunparts has only the Type 3 firing pins in stock. Would love to find this out as no one it seems has the style pins anywhere. Thanks so much.

George-Rolling Block