If they come for the guns?

All great points, from what I understand, only a very small fraction (literally a hand full) of people have surrendered their bump stocks too?

As a retired police officer who has seen the inside of some pretty bad prisons, let me say that there is no material object as useless as a bump stock that would make me risk being put inside of one.

That's what they're hoping for, but so far, hasn't been very successful.

But, lets take this one step further.

Would you turn in your FA Tommy gun you paid through the nose to get for pennies on the dollar if your lucky if there was an announcement all semi and full autos had to be surrendered or else?

Edited by tray burge

That's what they're hoping for, but so far, hasn't been very successful.

But, lets take this one step further.

Would you turn in your FA Tommy gun you paid through the nose to get for pennies on the dollar if your lucky if there was an announcement all semi and full autos had to be surrendered or else?

If I did I have an anvil and a forge ... At the very least they would never be operable again. I'm old enough to remember a time when most semi-auto rifles people owned were .22's ... A friend of mine back in the 60's had a gun shop and often stocked surplus M1 rifles and carbines and said he couldn't hardly give them away at that time. This is really a question that could only be answered if one is actually faced with it. As for myself, I am a bit too old to be a partisan now.

Name something the government has "Bought back" or taken from the p[people? I can't think of one thing. the election will go fine. We will be fine.

Stop being rational. This thread is all about paranoia

Watching the Democrat politicians allowing their cities be destroyed by riots and their law enforcement officers be killed or injured doesn't strike me as paranoia. What frightens me is there are American citizens that are actually going to vote for this imbecile, Joe Biden, and the destructive political ideology that his party stands for.

• Upvote 1

Name something the government has "Bought back" or taken from the p[people? I can't think of one thing. the election will go fine. We will be fine.

Stop being rational. This thread is all about paranoia

Watching the Democrat politicians allowing their cities be destroyed by riots and their law enforcement officers be killed or injured doesn't strike me as paranoia. What frightens me is there are American citizens that are actually going to vote for this imbecile, Joe Biden, and the destructive political ideology that his party stands for.

Jive, +1000, exactly! And Jim C., you are correct sir, the dumbing down of Americans has reached an all time high. I've seen plankton with higher IQ's than some of our citizens.

15,292 people were fatally shot in The United States in 2019, excluding suicides. There are an estimated 113,000,000 gun owners in the country. If one third of gun owners resisted confiscation by using their firearms aggressively that would be 371,000 gunfire exchanges. Now let's figure two fatalities for each confrontation ... One confiscator and one resisting gun owner. That would be 742,000 deaths, not including probable collateral causalities. It would take 48-49 years to reach that number of deaths due to firearm usage based upon statistics ... Still think it's about saving lives?

I think my math is close ... It's been 50 years since I sat in a math class. If not correct I apologize ... Bottom line ... Confiscation would take more lives than it saves.

I think my math is close ... It's been 50 years since I sat in a math class. If not correct I apologize ... Bottom line ... Confiscation would take more lives than it saves.

Gun control/confiscation isn't about saving lives, it's about control, period.

I agree 100%, but I believe it's more of a class war versus civil war myself. We have the ultra wealthy that want to control everything and the police have already shown that 95%+ of the rioters are unemployed. No surprise they want what's yours and mine for free, in their miniscule pea brains they're entitled to it and the ubber rich are fueling this belief to push a false narrative.

Happen too agree with in re the Uber rich backing this happy horse hocking- Teally do not understand why they do that- H1 visas is the only thing I know about. They can buy back mine for retail which is the law....... but never gonna happen at least in my last 20 years.

I agree 100%, but I believe it's more of a class war versus civil war myself. We have the ultra wealthy that want to control everything and the police have already shown that 95%+ of the rioters are unemployed. No surprise they want what's yours and mine for free, in their miniscule pea brains they're entitled to it and the ubber rich are fueling this belief to push a false narrative.

Happen too agree with in re the Uber rich backing this happy horse hocking- Teally do not understand why they do that- H1 visas is the only thing I know about. They can buy back mine for retail which is the law....... but never gonna happen at least in my last 20 years.

I don't think there's any law that requires the US government to give you what you paid? Nobody that turned in their chump stocks received what they paid for them I don't believe?

gijive,

You have to keep in mind that 50% of the people in this country have below average intelligence.

How else could something as awful and un-American as the democrat party even exist.

Jim C

More scary to me is not the 50% because there is still the possibility of educating them, but that the people responsible for de-educating them are still running loose attempting to dumb down the other 50%, and some of the people in positions of power that know of it and are doing nothing to stop it?

Currently sitting in a state with large republican majorities in the state legislature and senate and the democrat governor issuing illegal orders and yet they do nothing to overturn or even object? I only blame him 30% and them 70% for allowing him to get away with it?

How much did they pay people for the bumpstocks......don't know, those 5 people are tough to find? LOL

Here's Joe's "safety" plan off his website. They will not be coming for them, it will be up to you to register them or turn them in. Who knows the NFA community could grow exponentially? Rather scary. No online sales of guns, parts, ammo, or parts kits. Say goodbye to every forum and all auction houses without online sales.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Edited by johnsonlmg41

I strongly suspect that online sales will still continue but be limited to FFL holders. So instead of closing the sale and then contacting your FFL you'll contact your FFL and he'll close the sale. Inconvenient but hardly earth-shattering

I strongly suspect that online sales will still continue but be limited to FFL holders. So instead of closing the sale and then contacting your FFL you'll contact your FFL and he'll close the sale. Inconvenient but hardly earth-shattering

You are kidding of course. At what point will you decide that the left has gone too far? That point may be the end of the 2nd.

Not kidding at all. Business, all business, is done via the internet nowadays. Any attempt to prevent licensed FFL dealers from doing business with their suppliers would not stand a chance in court, any court. If all retail sales have to go through FFL holders, so what? They're supposed to anyway and we all know a local dealer. Person-to-person deals will be impacted but again we all know a local dealer. The auction sites will quickly develop protocols that match the new regs whatever they may be. It won't be convenient but neither will it be the disaster that some are predicting.

ppgcowboy,

If there's one thing I learned in my 76 years is, its a waste of time trying to enlighten a left wing democrat.

If a person thinks that Biden is the answer in this election, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Save you breath.

Jim C

Not kidding at all. Business, all business, is done via the internet nowadays. Any attempt to prevent licensed FFL dealers from doing business with their suppliers would not stand a chance in court, any court. If all retail sales have to go through FFL holders, so what? They're supposed to anyway and we all know a local dealer. Person-to-person deals will be impacted but again we all know a local dealer. The auction sites will quickly develop protocols that match the new regs whatever they may be. It won't be convenient but neither will it be the disaster that some are predicting.

You obviously do not get it. Your business is the target, when Biden packs the court, the supreme court will shut you down over time. You and your business is not immune.

Jim I completely agree.

I've been a Republican most of my life but the simple truth is that I consider Trump to be an existential threat to our Republic. I am not alone in this; look at the Lincoln Project. I have never said Biden was a good thing but he's a storm we can weather. Trump is not. Despite what he might or might not want to do there are practical, political limits on what Biden will be able to do. We will get through this.

Help me out what is Trumps threat? Even Mueller found no collusion and that everything the democrats did was a lie as far the Russian dosier is concerned. That he believes in the constitution? That he backs the police and law and order? Biden has already said he will take our guns.

How is Trump a threat? I hardly know where to begin. In no particular order:

His tax cut which gave huge sums to his billionaire buddies but left the government without enough revenue to operate, guaranteed that our great-grandchildren will still be trying to pay for it and increased our indebtedness to foreign powers like China.

His shattering of alliances which have kept the world more or less stable since the end of WWII while at the same time he cozies up to unfriendly dictatorships like Russia, China and North Korea. His abandonment of our Kurdish allies and essentially turning Syria over to Russian control. His failure to even confront Putin about the report that Russia was paying bounties to the Taliban for killing American service personnel.

His self-dealing which has put millions of dollars of taxpayers’ money into the Trump Organization’s pockets. His violations of the Emoluments clause of the Constitution by funneling money from foreign governments through Trump Organization properties.

His staffing agencies and departments with “acting” officials who because they are not formally nominated are not subject to vetting by the Senate, are frequently totally unqualified for their positions and often have no ability or intent to carry out the defined mission of those agencies and departments.

His “easy to win” trade war which has ruined the financial stability of much of the agricultural sector and utterly failed to re-vitalize the manufacturing sector.

His ongoing attack on the Affordable Care Act which risks putting insurance beyond the means of tens of millions of his fellow citizens.

His complete failure to establish a coherent, effective national response to the COVID-19 pandemic causing a totally unnecessary increase in infections and deaths.

His environmental policy, or lack thereof, which if unchecked will lead to ever worsening climate change, rising sea levels and reduced air quality ultimately making much of the country uninhabitable.

His racism as evidenced by his embrace of the White Nationalist movement and monuments to the Confederacy as well as his inhuman treatment of undocumented immigrant children.

His use of ICE and other Federal law enforcement agencies as his personal Praetorian Guard to suppress protests over the objections of local authorities who asked him not to intervene because such a presence would only make matters worse. His love of “Law and Order” does not seem to extend to the prosecution of rogue cops who shoot unarmed Black people.

His attacks on the First Amendment Freedom of the Press painting them with the Stalinist term Enemy of the People and using the considerable resources of the White House to spread propaganda while decrying any inconvenient facts as “fake news.”

His attacks on the legitimacy and security of our election system which the Secretaries of State of nearly every state, many of whom are Republican, have said to be totally untrue. This is simply a cynical political ploy to allow him call the results of the upcoming election into question if he loses which looks probable at this point.

His refusal to commit to a peaceful transition of power if he does lose.

I could probably go on but this will do for starters

Edited by StrangeRanger

You really need to turn off CNN. We need to really have a heart to heart about a lot of th stuff you have brought up. How many times does Trump have to denounce racism, once, 6, 12 24? He actually did twice during the debate. Chris Wallce asked him the same question in a debate in 2016 when he denounced it then too. But again you ain't black if you do not vote for Biden. Pick the racist. I can debunk practically every bullet point you present but Jim is correct

Now about your last point about peaceful transition of power. Trump was asked, "Will you agree to a peaceful transition of power after this election", you inserted the words, if you lose. That was not part of the question asked by that guy the other day. I dare you to research the question. The rest are mostly twisted unfacts by pundits of the left.

In conclusion Trump mostly went with Dr Faucci, and also allowed the governors to to run the states as without his influence. How did that work out for the seniors in nursing homes in NY which was most of their deaths at one point.

Anyway, a few college courses will be enough to give you a new profession once you FFL is gone.