Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1278 posts
  • Interests:Submachinegun NFA collecting
    History
    Scuba Diving
    Hunting

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

Form 4s to dealers is not fast.  Form 3s are, not form 4s.

#22 b_san

b_san

• Regular Group
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:14 PM

Form 4s to dealers is not fast.  Form 3s are, not form 4s.

They certainly are, avg. 4-6 weeks for incoming F4s vs 8-12 months on outgoing F4s. Cheers.

#23 Robert Henley

Robert Henley

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1070 posts
  • Interests:NRA Life Benefactor
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida
    The American Thompson Association

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:06 AM

One interesting aspect of a dealer-to-dealer (Form 3) transfer is my local "go to" Class 3 dealer stopped doing transfers during the coronavirus pandemic:

"At this time we have suspended
the transfer of NFA items."

So the only way to get anything transferred at the present time would be a direct transfer of a C&R gun.

Robert

#24 Hopalong

Hopalong

• Regular Group
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:25 PM

I mailed the C&R application by USPS Priority on Friday, May 8. ATF ran the application charge to my credit card on May 15. The C&R arrived today. Not bad!

Edited by Hopalong, 04 June 2020 - 03:25 PM.

#25 DZelenka

DZelenka

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 776 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

I mailed the C&R application by USPS Priority on Friday, May 8. ATF ran the application charge to my credit card on May 15. The C&R arrived today. Not bad!

That move probably saved you a couple months wait and $170.

#26 The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Respected Member

• Board Donor
  • 1111 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for posting - that was a good turnaround.

#27 ppgcowboy

ppgcowboy

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Guns, aviation, didgeridoo, banjo, metal detecting.

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:56 AM

I thought 5 weeks was about normal to get an ffl 03 approval.

#28 ranger1385

ranger1385

• Regular Group
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:18 AM

So, I obtained my Curio license last week (took under 90 days).  I purchased a WWII Thompson from another guy out of state who has it on a form 4.  Here is my question:

On the form 4,  on block 2a. do I list my Curio license there?  Do I still need to submit a finger print card and passport photo with packet?  I have completed my own form 4 in past when purchasing suppressors from estates/friends, but I was wondering how the transfer paperwork changes with a curio license.  Thanks

#29 ppgcowboy

ppgcowboy

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Guns, aviation, didgeridoo, banjo, metal detecting.

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:40 AM

You still have to submit fingerprints,photos, and wait, wait, wait. Then it can be direct sent to you, or you pick it up.

#30 inertord

inertord

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

So, I obtained my Curio license last week (took under 90 days).  I purchased a WWII Thompson from another guy out of state who has it on a form 4.  Here is my question:

On the form 4,  on block 2a. do I list my Curio license there?  Do I still need to submit a finger print card and passport photo with packet?  I have completed my own form 4 in past when purchasing suppressors from estates/friends, but I was wondering how the transfer paperwork changes with a curio license.  Thanks

In Block 2a you enter your personal full legal name and address. In Block 7 you enter your C&R License Information.

In Block 2a you enter your personal full legal name and address. In Block 5 you enter your C&R License Information.

Edited by inertord, 06 April 2021 - 04:39 PM.

#31 ranger1385

ranger1385

• Regular Group
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:40 PM

In Block 2a you enter your personal full legal name and address. In Block 7 you enter your C&R License Information.

Thank you.  I was wondering where to put it.   

#32 inertord

inertord

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:36 PM

Thank you.  I was wondering where to put it.   
Sorry I noticed a typo, your C&R License info goes in Block 5 / Transferres FFL Information, NOT Block 7 as earlier stated.

Edited by inertord, 06 April 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#33 ranger1385

ranger1385

• Regular Group
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:56 PM

Ok, thanks