Dangerous Barrel Split On A New Semi

Hello All,

Been hearing so much Kahr bashing here I thought I would pass something good along for a change. I had a customer who's new 1927A1's barrel split.

http://www.hudsontradingpost.com/images/blowup.jpg

I had him send it in to us to look over and determined that a squib load got stuck in the barrel and the second shot split it open. It split lenghtwise on the underside of the barrel and must not have been all to noticeable because there are at least a half dozen more rounds lined up in the split. I have seen MG barrels like this but not a semi. At any rate, this was the ammo manufacturers fault and not Kahr's at all but they are going to take care of it anyway free of charge. There was not problem...I just called them and they sent fedex to pick up the gun. I gotta tell you that since I have been dealing with them I have not had one gun, drum or anything that they make returned for a legitimate reason...nothing at all! I have had contact with folks at Kahr and they have expressed a desire to correct some issues and make the guns better and it has been showing in what has been coming in from them lately.

In some conversations I have had with the folks at Kahr, I got the impression that they may have learned a hard mistake with a flawed round of drums and want to correct these issues to attract the full auto crowd. I think we should all hang in there and give them a chance to clean things up. I expect good things to follow soon.

Damon

Damn, I hope the Dude who was shooting it was ok..Wasn't there a Post sometime back of this happening to a Kahr Compensator???

Yeah, hopefully Kahr has learned their lesson..Time will tell...

That sort of thing is one of my great fears. If this were full auto, could a squib likely damage the receiver?