Thompson L Drum

buy it for 1,500.00 then you can say you did!!!

and now you can own a 1,500.00 drum, i remember the day when auto ord had them new in cardboard box,for 25.00 shipped.................around 1969-70...wish i still had the old ad............and this was pre-wes-hurlee's..........

original bridgeport drum's..............and curtis earl's price was 50.00>in 1971.just think it only took 33 year's to reach this stage.........how many more 33 years we all have left?????wink!! take care,ron colt21a

Ron,

Don't know if you own a calendar or not, but it is 2004! In 1971 I worked in a plywood mill 7 days a week for about a $1,000.00 a month... The three summer months I worked, I made enuff money to buy me a car, a nice stereo and I paid for a whole year of college, including dorm fees..... That money now wouldn't even pay tuition for one freakin term now! You went to a gun show in 1971 with 500 bucks and you came home with a whole s***load of fun stuff to shoot.... 500 bucks now gets you half a gun and no ammo to shoot... I'll be gettin that calendar out to ya big guy... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Wow!

Bought a new condition Bridgeport "L" drum with box and tag on Ebay two years ago from the largest 1939/40 production contract. Paid $1,000 and figured at the time that I had allowed myself to be "taken". Now, I'm not so sure!

How the worm does turn. . .

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Feb 12 2004, 02:19 PM)
Ron,

Don't know if you own a calendar or not, but it is 2004! In 1971 I worked in a plywood mill 7 days a week for about a $1,000.00 a month... The three summer months I worked, I made enuff money to buy me a car, a nice stereo and I paid for a whole year of college, including dorm fees..... That money now wouldn't even pay tuition for one freakin term now! You went to a gun show in 1971 with 500 bucks and you came home with a whole s***load of fun stuff to shoot.... 500 bucks now gets you half a gun and no ammo to shoot... I'll be gettin that calendar out to ya big guy... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

yes i know what year it is..........just looking back and thinking those are good old days............but i guess if i cracked open that crate of L DRUM's....i would be wrong to sell them to anybody here for 500.00 each..........

and i guess i shall join the crowd and ask 1,500.00 for {each}one, and never budge on price................heck i can even change my spots said the leopard to the zebra!!!!wink!!!

i really am not appreciated around here.it must be for my lack of humor...............take care,ron/colt21a

heck ron crack open 2 crates and sell them for $250 each.... and you'll make just as much money...... i appreciate your sense of humour, but i guess you don't appreciate mine.... maybe I should leave too.... you and me hand in hand..... but not b4 you crack open the crates of L drums btw my whole point was that when those drums were 50 bucks... a "mans" wage here was around 3 and 1/2 or 4 bucks an hour... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif i hope we all make more than that now.....http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

heck i cannot make e-nuff big daddy on any gun's at all today,to keep up with thompson pricing!!!

and i never get insulted anymore on the net..............i just get REAL quiet................

i wish i could sell drums again for 250.00..that would mean i only paid 200.00 for them,

i never marked stuff up what i see today........because i gave everybody a chance to buy something........those days are gone sadly...........however not too many around that did thompson's for 35 years like i did........

the few that are left are retired,the rest are dead!!!sad...

most of the new blood started up in the past 20 year's......they still have a long way to catch up..........recently a buddy who started in 1962 just passed away.............so now you can count us on one hand...................

if i decide to bust open the crate,everybody here will know first,seymour's, colt's, and bridgeport's,all used rusted and ding/s but they all work............bought them 15 years ago...........take care ron/colt21a