Question and Introduce !

Hello Gentlemen,

At first I want to say I'm a new member and I want to introduce myself.I'm collecting militaria and I'm really fascinated in the Thompson smg.and all the equipment for this gun. Unfortunately I only have demilitarized guns because "Full Auto Guns" are prohibited where I life.I'm also very interested in WW2 photos where the Thompson smg is clearly visible in in the hands of troops.In my first question I would like to know was the M1928A1 Thompson with the rudimentary L-sight also equipped with the vertical foregrip ? If yes, I think only British troops had this combination.Does anyone of you has a picture of this combination in the hand of troops ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

P.S Please excuse my post if this is the wrong section.

Welcome to the board! Any configuration is/was possible on a 1928A1 during the war. Whether or not it was documented with photos is another thing.

I thought there was a thread or two with lots of photos of TSMGs - both 28 and M1, but I can't seem to find them. You could always start a new topic called Thompson photos or something. Members here will gladly contribute photos.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
The Brits liked the vertical grips, the US did not. There are vintage pictures where troops modified box grips to also have a vertical grip. Usually by using a second pistol grip.

The 1928A1 did not leave the factory with a vertical fore grip by the time they were initiating cost cutting measures such as the "L" rear sight and un-finned barrel. However troops individually, in many allied armies including US, modified their Thompson's to their idea of better handling, such as replacing the horizontal grip with a vertical one or a modified variant attached to the horizontal grip, as mentioned before, an example being a modified rear grip. There are many photo's of examples throughout the forum discussions as well as on the internet. Welcome to the board and good luck with your search.

Hey Sherman. Welcome to the board.. This board is loaded with good people and good information. Hope you will learn a lot.