PPSH/PPS armorers tools

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roland the Thompsongunner

Roland the Thompsongunner

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:I am into motorcycles both dirt and street. Musclecars, and WWII reenacting and weapons.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:57 PM

Does anyone know what nationality the markings on these tools might be? Does not look to be Russian but I am not sure. Thanks for any help, dan

Attached Files

#2 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:"Easy money, faithless women, red-eye whiskey for the pain"

Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:35 PM

Total wild-assed guess here   The lettering is Roman not Cyrillic so it is definitely not Russian. I had zero luck trying to find anything about the FWP marking.  The numbers give a small clue; that style of 1 and 4 is very common in Germany probably elsewhere in Europe but that doesn’t help a lot.   There is a limited number of languages in which the term for machinepistol would be abbreviated PM.  I don’t have anything like a complete list but some like France qualify linguistically but not politically.  However the Polish term for SMG is “pistolet maszynowy.”  No guarantees but if it were mine, I think I’d concentrate the search on Poland.

EDIT:

I found it Fabryka Wyrobów Precyzyjnych im. gen. Świerczewskiego (General Świerczewski Precision Machinery Factory).

Full article here https://guns.fandom....ki/VIS_Warszawa

Edited by StrangeRanger, 03 November 2020 - 05:04 PM.