Thompson Submachine Gun 1936 Brochure

I've came across one of these brochures and was trying to find out its value. The cover is marked as followes:

Thompson Submachine Guns & Semi-Automatic Carbine

by Auto-Ordance Corporation Dated 1936

Very good condition 30 pages above the printed address '31 Nassau Street' is stamped '270 Broadway' This is a original brochure NOT a reprint. Thanks for your input.

the last one i bought about two months ago was 100.00 in exc.cond.and i just picked up two 1940 model's for the 1928 model only for 80.00.......prices may vary............probably the rarest is the first ed.1921a model................i have had only one in thirty year's.{and the 1919 model flyer}i only have one of those.

...funny thing i have had dozens of all the other's...... so if you got one cheaper then 100.00 you did fine...................

i collected manual's for decades,when the file cabinet was full i sold them all off..............

made alot of happy customer's..........RON

Woody:

Be careful about so called "original" 1936 and 1923 catalogs. A ton of quality reprints of both were sold in the last 25 years. They are now old enough to be mistaken for an original. Thompson literature has been reprinted by a number of sources. Most sources for the stuff now are ignorant of the facts or down right dishonest when they list it as original. Like Colt21A I've been collecting literature for years. Most of mine came directly from police departments so it's originality is not usually suspect but if you compare it to known quality reprints it's virtually impossible for the novice to tell the difference. I know this clouds the issue but it's very much "buyer beware" with this stuff.

Well, I sure can understand about buyer beware about reprints. This really looks to be a original "1936" catolog. I only gave $40- for it, so I'm happy. I'm just amazed what the prices were for the guns, parts and accessories back then. Boy the "GOOD OLD DAYS" Woody

Open the book to the middle....

What do the stapes look like?

If original, then the staples in the center of the book will be straight and problem have slight rust or residue from the paper and staples reacting.

If the staples are curved then its a good chance of being a repro.

Thanks Jim, I did just what you said to do, look at the staples. They are just as you said they would be if this is a "original 1936 catolog" There is slight rust on them and a little discoloration on the paper from the staples. I believe this "1936 catalog" is 100% original. Thanks everyone for your help. Woody