Thompson Stuff Fs

Have the following for sale:

30 round magazines, blued and parkerized, various manufacturers $15.00 each

20 round magazines, blued, various manufacturers (some still have cosmoline) $22.00 each (down to 3)

Thompson 20-round 5 cell pouch, unmarked, may be repro (have only 1) $30.00

M1/M1A1 buttstock (have only 1) $25.00

Original Thompson Sling (Have only 1) $30.00 (SOLD!)

Will take Paypal through our website, contact us for shipping costs as we ship in the lower 48 by UPS and USPO everywhere else.

Our website is: www.cheapcrapyoudontneedenterprises.com

Questions? E-mail me at mp35thdiv@yahoo.com

Edited by 35divmp

Just sold 4 20-rounders, still have a few left and plenty of 30-rounders! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Just sold the sling! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

QUOTE (35divmp @ Mar 29 2006, 11:45 AM)
If this is an indication of how the members of this forum act, then next time I find items that this forum might desire, then I will have to consider whether it's worth it.

Jay

Jay

There are over 2000 registered board members here. Let me get this straight. Your chastising the entire board because you got one bitchy e-mail?

He's referring to me. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

I responded that I was very interested in the sling and asked a question about it. He responded that he still had it and directed me as to how to paypal a payment for it. I kinda figured that he'd hang onto it for me until I could ask the shipping question and pay for it, but in his own words, "he's running a business and if I snooze I lose".

When I responded a short while later asking about USPS shipping costs instead of UPS, he told me he'd sold it to someone else, and I should have let him know I wanted it.

I guess I've been dealing with more civil folks over the past years, and many of you know I've been on these boards for a LOoooonnnnggg time. Kinda thought business here (as well as other places on the net was a bit friendlier than that. Don't folks usually give the first responder time to finalize anymore? I usta get notices that said stuff like, You're the third in line....if the others don't want it I'll let you know, etc. etc. Is business nowadays so cutthroat that an item goes to the first person to email the words "I'll take it"? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

My mistake here....I didn't use those words. But I don't think that warranted an email from Jay trying to explain his actions with a comment like "you snooze you lose" (among other nasty comments).

My email to this guy wasn't a nastygram, I simply asked him how he did business. And I sent him another nicely explaining how I'd gotten used to business deals over the past 10 years or so....he'll probably get pissed when he reads that too, but I'm really just trying to let him know that when I deal with someone on the net there has always been a certain protocol that has been followed, and he didn't seem to grasp this. I like friendly deals and can still do business on an email or a handshake. I'm not so sure about him.

I apologize to the boards because this isn't the forum to deal with this type of stuff, and you won't hear from me again on this matter here.

Nuff said.

john

John:

What it boils down to is that you merely stated if the item was available and what the shipping costs were. NO where in your emails did you tell that you wanted to buy it. We get lots of those kind of inquires every day on items on our website and on forums like this. Most times we NEVER hear from them again or a month or two later they send us an email crying "Why did you sell that item I wanted?"

We did not appreciate your email statement below:

"Sure I'm pissed, but not so much for mot getting the sling, but more for your really negative response. You could have remained in the good graces of us all on MGbooks by simply saying you were sorry but the item had been spoken for.

Everyone on Franks boards have been really decent to each other and you'll never last selling stuff here with business ethics like this.

What would you have done if I had Paypal'ed funds to you last night after you had sold the sling to someone else?) Would you have refunded my funds or sent me a nasty email saying thay I should have known that it was already sold?

I hope you can see my point here. I don't know how long you have been running your internet business but you aren't going to be in business too long with ethics such as you have displayed here. I have been on Franks boards for years and most here don't appreciate dealers who are a bit below board."

I didn't realize that you ran these boards or were so important here. I see I'm in error.

Like I said before..... This is a business, not a hobby for us. We can not "hold" an item merely because someone sends us an email. And if we were the "dealers who are a bit under board" as you think....... Then I would never have sent you an email letting you know that it had been sold. And if you had paid after the other guy did? We would have refunded your money ASAP!

Everyone..... Now you know why internet dealers are so grouchy!

We still have Thompson XX and XXX mags for sale, along with a stock and 5-cell mag pouch.

Jay

Edited by 35divmp

All:

Ok....

1. If you read the first post on this thread, we list the website. PLEASE, go to the website and read our policies, rules, rants, etc..

2. Not everything we have goes on the website immediately, some of it goes to eBay, some to the WWII proboards, and this time, it went to the Thompson board. We try to put items where we think they might sell the fastest. Items that we sell on forums such as this we tend to actually lower the prices so we can have faster and better sales. Items that are on the website help pay for the website.

3. Remember, there is a first come, first serve basis when we have only one of an item. There are a lot of websites who have the same policy and they are doing very well, i.e., Woot.com, At the Front, AGM militaria, etc.

4. Please don't whine and cry about our policies and "first come, first serve" basis on one only items. Our policy is our policy and if you don't like it then please do not shop with us. Period.

That's it, thank you!

Jay

I was planning to inquire about some 20 rd. mags, but given the above, if you don't mind, I think I'll pass. Too many rules, too much work for a friendly deal like I enjoy.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/soapbox.gif

Snipershot1944

I have posted a number of items on a number of boards and if I held an item simply because someone asked about shipping or other questions i would hardly sell anything. Generally, 90% of the people that inquire about any product are simply "kicking tires".

For those who have purchased from other members on any board knows that a "I'll take it" overrides any "How much is shipping?" question without commitment to buy. Now a "I'll take it" in conjunction with a "How much is shipping?" would win on a first come first serve basis.

From my experience, the "How much is shipping" questions tend to result in only about 10% of the people will actually follow up with a "I'll buy it." In fact, I have spent way too much time chasing down the "How much is shipping" people asking if they actually want the product and waste no time with the "I'll buy it" people as their next question is "How much is shipping?".

Bottom line, if you want it then say so. Don't expect people to read between the lines because if I sent an e-mail to a person who asked "How much is shipping?" and stated that I am waiting for their payment, their next response would be, "I never said I would buy it, I just wanted to know the shipping cost."

Disclaimer:

This is purely from my experience and not directed towards anyone on this board.

Now let me tell you the REST of the story.....

Just so you all know what exactly my questions were.

The question I asked in my first email was if the sling was a NoBuckl or an M3. I have a 1928 with an M3 sling on it and the M3's are a bit too short to carry.

I also asked about shipping costs to my state and payment options. All this after my statement that I was very interested.

Ya can't buy a Kerr sling unless you know it's a Kerr sling, can you?

The seller emailed me back with the info and a shipping cost for UPS. He also gave me info on using the Paypal link off his website as I might find some other stuff I needed.

Kinda sounded to me like he knew I was taking the sling....but in that first email, I never said "I'll take it". That statement was in the second email, but the sling had already been sold by then.

I Got back to my PC a couple hours later and responded to this email that I'd take the sling and asked if he could ship USPS instead of UPS, as I'm out of town and am having my mail held.

He responded to this email a while later stating that it had already been sold.

You all are correct, I should have said in the first email that I'd take it if it was a NoBuckl sling. I just figured that at least I'd get a chance to ask a question about the sling, and get a response before the sling went to someone else.

I suspect that since this sling was obviously underpriced and quite a bargain, that someone else simply snapped it up with no knowledge of which model it was. At least the bargain went to a board member.

When I sell something I give the first emailer first shot and line the rest of the emails up. I give the responder at least six hours, but that's just me.

Please don't label me a whiner (as the seller did in a couple very vitriolic responses to me, and as you can see, parts of which he posted on these boards). And as you can see, my responses were quite polite and his were anything but! I'm not used to being jumped on for asking questions, and I won't commit to buy something when I'm not sure what it is. BUT I think it's appropriate to give a first responder a fair shot at something before selling it to someone else. But again, that's just me. There are still some honorable dealers out there (and many on these boards) who will give a first responder an honest shot at something.

Jim, I see your point and for the most part you are correct, but it's usually pretty obvious whether someone is very interested or if they just want to ask a question....

Now you know the rest of the story. Sorry about adding to this post as I said I wouldn't, but there just seemed to be a lack of info and I just had to clear a few points up.

john

All:

Now that we've all had a chance to speak our piece, can we all please get back to the main topic of this post?

Which is: Selling our "cheap crap!"

Note: Yes, we sell stuff cheap. We do it for several reasons.....

1. We like money. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/hail.gif$ Lots and lots of money. Our stock doesn't do us any good sitting on the shelf so we price it to sell. Yes, if we had a rare shotshell magazine in stock we would put it here to sell quickly (and at a reasonable price).

2. We have a website..... Not everything we have for sale is on the website. We've currently have a box of WWII and Vietnam radio parts sitting in a WWII land mine box waiting to be sorted through and put up for sale. Will any of it make it to the website? Probably not, we'll offer it up on the WWII and Vietnam reenactor boards first, or some of it may go on eBay or to a WWII/Vietnam historical reenactment. The Thompson stuff might have gone to eBay, but this forum and the WWII proboard was/is more likely to produce faster sales.

3. We want everyone to know that if we are not 100% positive if an item is original then it is priced as a repro. Have we sold rare original stuff as a repro, you bet we have. But we don't rip people off by selling something we don't have in stock or sell them a repro as real.

4. We get a lot of "window shoppers" and "tire kickers" online and at shows/reenactments who have big dreams and empty wallets who ask "How much?" and then vanish only to reappear a month or two later and cry, "But I thought you were holding that for me!" Sorry, but if you want an item bad enough, then buy it now.

I know how John feels, for I've done the same thing in the past when I was heavy into collecting Missouri National Guard and 35th Division items for my collection. More than once I've asked a dealer about an item, walked away from the table, then came back 10 minutes later to find the item sold. These events taught me a valuable lesson in collecting, "Strike when the item is available and don't wait if you really want said item."

So, if you want some decently priced Thompson mags, both XX and XXX, please let us know. We'll do the best we can for you. Some of you have purchased stuf from us already and we hope to sell more "cheap crap" to the rest of you.

Thank you for your time,

Jay

"Cheap Crap You Don't Need, Enterprises"

I like the website. No-nonsense and to-the-point.

Norm