Price Check Savage 1928 A1

I see you asked for a price back on the 27th and received a reply.

Keep in mind with how fast the prices are increasing, these replies are no longer valid as the pirce has increased again. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

I have always stated that 95% of the prices are too high, but sure enough they keep going up.

So, my stance is now...... If you want it and have the cash and it is $3-$4K more than what you think it should be then jump on it and buy it. By this same time next year, you will be happy you did. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Yeah, I would like to send some reply e-mails on the emails from a few years ago on $5,500 M1A1's and say, "I'll take it."

Ken

Its not so much of a matter of Did I pay to much, as I just bought it a little to soon. Because time will make up the difference. I have wanted one for 5 years and just bought one, wish I could go back when I first started looking and buy one then.

Thanks to the advice received on this site I bit the bullet and bought it. A British lend lease in 90-95% condition, matching numbers, GEG and RLB marked, serial number S270XXX, marked "U.S. MODEL OF 1928" and "Auto Ordnance, Bridgeport", with correct crown markings on top of bolt and receiver (near the top of the barrel next to two witness marks which appear to have been made bya punch), also proof marked on the top of the finned barrel when it left British military service. Compensator has bullet logo on left side. Drum is Bridgeport. I made a 220 mile trip to inspect the item before buying and it appears to be all original.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1014...pson_1928A1.jpg

QUOTE (motorgun @ Feb 3 2006, 11:36 AM)
Thanks to the advice received on this site I bit the bullet and bought it. A British lend lease in 90-95% condition, matching numbers, GEG and RLB marked, serial number S270XXX, marked "U.S. MODEL OF 1928" and "Auto Ordnance, Bridgeport", with correct crown markings on top of bolt and receiver (near the top of the barrel next to two witness marks which appear to have been made bya punch), also proof marked on the top of the finned barrel when it left British military service. Compensator has bullet logo on left side. Drum is Bridgeport. I made a 220 mile trip to inspect the item before buying and it appears to be all original.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1014...pson_1928A1.jpg

and and? the price was? inquiring minds want to know.....

The little lady is very understanding - I went to look at it (all day round trip) on her birthday. I have many NFA guns - mostly modern stuff - this is my first transferable Thompson. I own a minty Bridgeport M1A1 postie.

The seller was a man of integrity that has owned the gun for over 20 years. I am not remotely worried about not receiving what I looked at personally. Besides, I took many digital photos.

I'm very pleased with this purchase. I really had my sights set on a 1921 like a friend of mine owns, however, the price has gone beyond my reach. This is a great compromise.

Your right, you won't think so in even 2 years.

If the AG of the State of Michigan manages to convince ATF that his opinion letter on mgs says what he meant it to say then folks in MI will not be constrained to only buying C&R guns and the WH's should appreciate a little faster from increased demand which in turn may well push the C&R's up even higher. You will be fine.

Mark