Fs Mg42 Manual In English

jbaum

This is an English translation of the original WWII German MG42 manual (dated March 15,1943), made for the MG42 Gunners.

The original machinegun manuals are tough to find, expensive, and of course, in German. If you collect books, that's great, but if you just want the information you've been out of luck until now. I've translated this manual into English. This manual is for the MG42 only, it doesn't include the Lafette, AA Tripod, optics, or accessories, as those are all separate manuals that I haven't found - yet.

Over 50 pages, printed at almost the exact size of the original. 8.5" high, 5.5" wide (Letter size, printed landscape style, folded in half). I had these professionally printed, with a cover of heavier paper. This isn't a home inkjet printer on crappy paper manual. I did typesetting for a printer for years, and I had these professionally printed. Check my feedback from previous buyers of the MG3 Lafette manual (still available for $18 - email).

If you have questions, ask. I kept the pictures of the pages large (see below), so you could read it and get a good idea of the content. This booklet is all text, no pictures. It describes the proper operation and handling of the MG42, including the pre-firing inspection and checks and how to properly use the split sling, etc.

I've been around MG42's for years, and still learned from this booklet. This is a translation from an original Merkblatt 41/18 15.3.43: Anleitung fur die handhabung und Bedienung des MG42 als leichtes und Schweres Maschinengewehr German WW2 manual, as referenced in Folke Myrvang's excellent book on the MG34 / MG43. It's as close to the original wording as possible, but if you want pictures, this isn't the book for you.

Postage to U.S. (only) is included at the $18 price. Canadian sales are fine, just add $1.00. Because of PayPal's anti-gun policies, I DO NOT accept PayPal. Money order ships immediately, personal checks are OK but will wait to clear.

I also have a second MG42 manual in the works (D166/1, also referenced in Myrvang's book), and should have it done in about 3 weeks. I have an MG34 "Butz" book (243 pages, the Mg34 and accessories) that I will start working on after the second MG42 booklet, and then I have an FG42 manual (now there's a rare item), and a G43 manual waiting. The G43 manual covers optics, the FG42 manual is for the Model 1, not the Model 2. I've had a couple inquiries about doing an S18-1000 manual, so if that's something that tickles you, let me know. I don't want to waste time and effort on something that is too exotic to sell. Today I made a deal with a guy from Germany for copies of original manuals so that I can translate them. They include the MG34 Lafette, P38, Luger, MP40, FG42, MG34, and the G43 with scope. Email if you want on the list to notify when I get them done.

http://www.GermanManuals.com

Edited by jbaum