Stock Slides

Just wanted to let you all know that I've had a look at a couple of Damon's new stock slides. He sent me a couple of his rejects (minor blemishes) but otherwise perfect. With them, I can fit it and sand the wood to the metal and not worry about scratching up a valued slide.

I currently have an original 21 slide in hand for a butt stock project. I just finished inletting it into the wood and decided to try Damon's also for fit. It was the same. I didn't take a micrometer to them, but at first glance they appear the same and certainly fit the same in my newly finished stock.

Now my WW2 slide from sarco is just a little bit shorter than either the colt or Damons. Just enought that a stock I made for it won't take either the colt or the new ones. Probably 2 minutes with a chisel to knock off just a tiny bit of wood inside and it would go.

Though some of you might like a report.

Dan

I recently ordered one of Damon's slides for my 28 stock. He can also engrave the serial number of your gun into the plate giving the appearance of a matched set.

I am currently refinishing it and on the one side it has what I would call blonde wood that takes stain very reluctantly. It did take the Brownell's military stain fairly well but not as good as the balance of the wood.

Also under the butt plate the wood is clearly stamped with an S, and on the front curved section in front of the 2 plate mounting screws it has a D pressed into the wood. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif