Colt 21a In France

Had a great time in Normandy with the 29th Div. Assn and about 60 vets. On a side trip I found a Colt 21A at a militaria show. French dewat which means that bbl is plugged, bolt face ground and small hole through recierver into bbl.

Gun is in fair condition with WW2 wood. Other than stock and fore end(horiz) it 's orignal Colt model of 1921 Ser. No. 11xxx range . Gun was used by both Germans and French in WW2--- then sat in warehouse.

It will live in France near St LO. I have left it with a fellow collector who finds orignal ww2 stuff in the area all the time (wing off of a P47 for example) . Since the gun cost $650 I just couldn't turn it down. So my French collection has begun.

New 28a1's avail for about $1200 sold in France as DEWATS. Each gun has a certifiacte of DEWAT that goes with the gun. No registration otherwise---anyone can have them.

I did this 2 days ago on Thurs June 10.

Hi Blishlock,

Great post. Sounds like you had good time. $650 for dewat Colt Thompson in France. Let me know if your friend finds another one. I will buy it and let him keep it for me!

A couple of quick questions:

1. Does it still have the matching lower?

2. Could you post the complete serial number?

3. Can you post a picture or two of your great find?

Thanks...and I am serious about my offer.

Tom

Blishlock,

That IS a great find, and you did the right thing to buy it!

PICTURES!

Also - contact Gordon Hergastad and let him know the s/n - and disposition of it for his records!

Thanks!

Blishblock what a lucky find!

Here in the UK we can own such dewats and I have been looking for for a Colt - hence my question about the Colt's sent to France at the beginning of WW2.

If you should decide not to collect in France please let me know. A 21A could have a good home in Scotland.

Thanks