alternative to EZ spring kit

Hello all, I'm still fairly new to the forum, and have a question about the EZ spring kit being offered now and would like to know if anybody has tried anything different to relieve this problem with the bolt being such a b---ch to pull back? So far, I have tried cutting colis out of the springs (so far I've cut 10 coils out) and this thing is still a real bear to move ! I cannot understand why a large company like Kahr !can sell a product like this! Even the real THompsons don't have recoil springs like these Kahr products!. Anyway removing the couls did help it some but I need amore permanent solution.Also I can remember reading something on this forum about not buying from Tommy Gunner.com . Can I get some input on this subject from all of you.My gun works o.k.now but about every 25 to 30 rounds it has a hiccup! or what you would call a failure to feed. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance

My advice is to use the search feature on the forum - use EZ springs and variations of that. There are a bunch of posts on the subject.

One source of springs is McMaster-Carr.

Deerslayer did mine at his place, but he might sell you a kit so you can do it.

Good luck with your project, Timmy

I cannot understand why a large company like Kahr !can sell a product like this!

The design originates with the Numrich West Hurley Auto Ordnance company from the 1970's. The design went through a number of changes before the ATF would approve it, so that it wasn't readily convertible to full auto. Kahr bought the company in 1999 and just continued producing as they had been. Over the years Kahr has made many improvements, many. Just look at an early West Hurley '27 semi auto and compare it to today's removable butt stock, 14.5 inch barrel with the comp welded on, paddle safety, no cheese grater actuator knob, etc.

Don't cut coils off the springs, the bolt may start battering the rear of the receiver full force.

Your failures to feed could be the result of a number of things, mag feed lips, feed ramp, ammo, cutting coils off springs.

The easy pull kit does make it easier as the name implies. My '27A1 has it's original springs, has never failed to feed with thousands of rounds over 15 years except when there was a drum/mag issue. The problem was identified and corrected, no more problem. I use the same mags/drums in my '28AC.

O.K. guys, thanks for the input. I did some more checking on the net for McMaster-Carrr and found the website but was not ablle to locate springs so I will pm deerslayer.Thyanks again

Bob, the bolt should move back and forth easily when you test it without the springs. Mine was hanging-up because the grip screw was too long and embossed a bump into the bolt slide track of the lower. Smoothing this out resolved the hard-cycling problem. It had been that way through thousands of rounds. We just assumed "that's the way they were"....Phil

Picture: Bump in lower from tight long grip screw.

A-O Thompson Semi receiver barrel 005 (2).jpg

Edited by anjong-ni