Thompson Kits @sg

Has anyone seen the 1928A1 kits advertised by SG? I just noted them today and they seemed reasonable, $600.00. Supposedly will be in stock by 1/28/06 and also supposedly coming in from Europe as the drums are (?). Advertised as almost new and in storage for many years.

What is everyones take on these ? Are they worth it for the parts involved or nostalgic reasons or just crap?

Also, could anyone tell me if any of this stuff would be usable on a Kahr, would the lower or barrel interchange readily? Thanks

Jimmy

I also won't do business with them due to SG's choices on shipping and creative "interpretation" of the law.

I live North of DC, more towards Baltimore than DC. I have freinds in Annapolis, which is about 30-40 minutes east from the DC border.

SG Will NOT ship ammo to Annapolis because THEY determined it is too close to DC, but they have no problem shipping to me where I am almost the exactly the same distance, just north. There is NO RESTRICTIONS in state or local law about receivng ammo mail order in these counties.

As a resident of Maryland, I still have to deal with our local draconian firearms laws. I don't need a possible vendor doing the same thing. So, they get no more business from me. CTD and other places have no problems, so they will get all of my future business. I suppose SG is just too scared of lawsuits or folded under pressure from some lawyer. Whatever the reason, that is spineless and a good way to alienate your potential customers.

Just my experience-

Chris.

Jimmy, I'd suggest RGuns in Carpentersville, IL. Web address is rguns.net

I got a couple of mags from them, saw their dummy guns built from the parts kits, and it's the real deal. 1928. In stock. Nice guys to boot. As they say around here, "I seen it wit my own 2 eyes, boss".