US T48 bounding grenade

Brian, I have a cutaway example in the collection. I probably can't add a lot of technical information as there isn't much out there. A google search will yield a 1953 PDF technical report on DTIC and that's the best detailed information I've found. Unfortunately, the photos included in the report are really bad from multiple reproductions.

If you would like to see some images, I'll dig it out and post a few.

Rick

Brian, I have a cutaway example in the collection. I probably can't add a lot of technical information as there isn't much out there. A google search will yield a 1953 PDF technical report on DTIC and that's the best detailed information I've found. Unfortunately, the photos included in the report are really bad from multiple reproductions.

If you would like to see some images, I'll dig it out and post a few.

Rick

I ended up buying it from Justin in California.

attachment-1.jpeg

attachment-6.jpeg

Very good. Both yours and mine came from the same source prior to Justin's period of ownership so I'm familiar with this one. Mine looks virtually identical. There are only a handful of surviving examples among collectors.

Certainly a most unusual design that proves the old saying that there really isn't anything new out there. A lot of excitement surrounded the recent development of a Swedish bounding hand grenade. It might be a bit more sophisticated than the the T48 but the same concept, and only 70 years later.