Price Check Aisle 5- 1921 A & Ac Colt Tsmgs

OK so have a line on some nice TSMGs.

Gun #1 is 4 digit 1921 7xxx gun listed in Cox's book. It's an AC of course and prolly around 90% original finish from the pics. Have to inspect wood and internals but don't think it visited J. Curtis Earl so perhaps it's not been monkeyed with. Paperwork shows transfer back to current owner in '82 by Roger Cox himself. No case or drums, just the gun with couple of decent stick mags.

Gun #2 is a '21A with a 3 digit 3xx serial number that is in one of the gaps in the Cox book. Haven't check any other books as of yet for it. Nice 80% original finish with a few specks of old pitting at a few of the edges or the rcvr but not much otherwise. Mostly just honest wear at obvious points. No case, no drums just gun and couple sticks. Gun was purchased from dealer in TX in '90.

Both are all matching as best I can tell until I inspect the wood & internals closeup etc.

What would be a "great deal" , "good deal" and "crazy but will sell" price for these two guns? I've noticed several of the recent sales were in the latter price range but sold none the less.

Anybody care to jump in and toss out their ideas?

Tnx in advance.

GP

Prices are always a landmine waiting to for someone willing to share their ideas to step on it.

I'd say item #1 and #2 would both be around $25k. The 21A because of it's 80% rating would be lowering the value but the 3 digit # would raise it. I believe a 90% gun such as the 21AC should command $25k.

I posted earlier the average and median asking prices last year were right around $27k and change. There are a couple 3 digits out there with asking prices over $40k with varying finishes and accessories, one gun is a 21A and the other is a 21AC. There is another 3 digit 21A with an asking price of $33k with a claimed 85% finish.

Email me the serial number on the 3 digit and I will check Gordon's new book if you like.

ask somebody that never paid over $10,000.00 for a colt and get a honest answer....wink!!

pay what you think you can afford..............average's. chart's,other dealer's pricing,what joe fontaines paid last week,indicate's squat.....

was a study of the demographic's.how people lived.what they made as pay,how they spent money,did they live in a shoe??

whats it worth to you...........do you pay $500,000.00 for a house that is listed for $298,000.00 because you like the lawn??

or $700.00 for a pair of shoe's because bubba wear's them to cut that same lawn??

i am sure you have read e-nuff post's around here to make a good value judgement.........make them a offer.....and as sure as the shite in the desert...the owner /dealer/collector might say...not e-nuff son,not e-nuff....

then you have to ask yourselve........do i really want it that bad??

start at $20,000.00 for the pair....you can only go up.....

i myself would offer $10,000.00 as a starting point....most that have the t.g.factor have not paid anywere near what they are asking for them. if they tell you they paid a ton,make them prove it...most won't.they can't handle ridicule that they want to make a killing on "jus one gun"!!

well good thought's and good luck in whatever you do....it's only money.and remember it's only a gun......wink! take care,ron

The two guns are 4XX and 7XXX respectively & finish is better than thought previously. They are going up for sale shortly so anyone with interest pls contact me off board via email. Some drums & stick mags coming with guns. More details later. Not posting these to the two main sales boards as we're in no hurry to sell tomorrow. While Ron loves to ramble on in his post(s) about how others propagate "Thompson greed", I suspect given turnabout, he would price these just as we are going to, at average & current market prices. What's funny is each time I hear some outrageous prices like the ones recently listed by the fellow in Fortson GA on Subguns, I see them actually sell within a short time. Ron, next time you want to sell some of those nice Colt's you've got stashed away for 10k, let us all know......wink!.......

There's an original STEn bearing just about all it's original Brit black finish with these guns so anyone interested in that feel free to give a hollar.

GP