Warning- Forend Reinforcing Band from Numrich

• 4 years later...
welcome friends. I once asked a question on this forum about the size of the bolt and nut. I never received a response. I just saw this topic yesterday. Thank. As for the reinforcing tape, I also have several such as selling IMA. I know for sure that this is the original, because I bought them in the north of Russia. So this is another variety.

• 1 year later...

I just ordered the reinforcement band from Numrich as my rivet forearm bar is loose. I thought about taping the rivet with a punch to tighten it up and also the rivets holding the rear sight are loose. I saw where someone had listed originals on Ebay but I've been told any gun part received out of the country is a no go with ITAR unless it's imported properly. I couldn't find a current listing anway.

Different topic but will a Lyman sight line up with the holes for the riveted rear sight with the large ears on an M1 Thompson? I would rather have a Lyman sight on it instead of the riveted one.

I just ordered the reinforcement band from Numrich as my rivet forearm bar is loose. I thought about taping the rivet with a punch to tighten it up and also the rivets holding the rear sight are loose. I saw where someone had listed originals on Ebay but I've been told any gun part received out of the country is a no go with ITAR unless it's imported properly. I couldn't find a current listing anway.

Different topic but will a Lyman sight line up with the holes for the riveted rear sight with the large ears on an M1 Thompson? I would rather have a Lyman sight on it instead of the riveted one.

Just a "heads up", this topic has been covered a couple of times over the years. I'm not sure that the current Numrich reinforcement bands are original GI issue. They may be, but I am not positive. I remember a thread on the board about originals (sturdier construction and heavier gauge steel) vs the current reproduction type. Someone else on the Board will probably know the answer to this.

Lo and behold, here is the thread"

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17538&hl=%2Breinforcing+%2Bband

Sorry about the redundant link. I got confused by the addition of the old thread being posted as a new topic. Anyway the original poster got the idea that the Numrich band is suspect.

Edited by gijive

Just a "heads up", this topic has been covered a couple of times over the years. I'm not sure that the current Numrich reinforcement bands are original GI issue. They may be, but I am not positive. I remember a thread on the board about originals (sturdier construction and heavier gauge steel) vs the current reproduction type. Someone else on the Board will probably know the answer to this.

RIght quality is suspect on the Numrich one but I couldn't find another one. I can post up pics after I install it and give an assessment. I may put some tape inside the band to keep the barrel from getting scratched up.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, why not just put a one piece mount on the gun and be done with it?

The tab that abuts the shoulder on the barrel and holds the mount in place broke off from the original mount on my M1 and I replaced it with one of these:

https://www.waffenmeisters.com/us-russian-and-allied-c-71/united-states-c-80?product_id=325

Indistinguishable from "the real thing"

At the risk of asking a stupid question, why not just put a one piece mount on the gun and be done with it?

The tab that abuts the shoulder on the barrel and holds the mount in place broke off from the original mount on my M1 and I replaced it with one of these:

https://www.waffenmeisters.com/us-russian-and-allied-c-71/united-states-c-80?product_id=325

Indistinguishable from "the real thing"

Mainly because I didn't know about! ok so this should replace the riveted bar somehow?

It takes a special set of tools to pull the barrel from the receiver but once that's done the one-piece mount slides in and you use the same tools to re-install the barrel. All the TSMG 'smiths have the tools as do several of the board members