Question about what this document means regarding Transferee?

Having a C&R is all around great for collectors. Keep in mind youre still at the mercy of dealers if the item is not C&R eligible. Its a good idea to talk to dealers and get someone lined up that you trust (maybe this guy) for future transfers. One thing Ive found with NFA stuff, they are like potato chips......

Congrats again on your purchase and welcome to the community!!

Ron

Thanks a lot Ron.

Having a C&R is all around great for collectors. Keep in mind youre still at the mercy of dealers if the item is not C&R eligible. Its a good idea to talk to dealers and get someone lined up that you trust (maybe this guy) for future transfers. One thing Ive found with NFA stuff, they are like potato chips......

Congrats again on your purchase and welcome to the community!!

Ron

Close to 0 chance your dealer will cheat you. Sure it can happen. I know dozens of Nfa owners and not 1 has had an issue.

C&r is smart though. Cheap and does many good things.

Find a dealer you trust. 99.9% of gun owners are good guys.

thanks a lot. I have a good store out here in Oregon. Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

If I get my C&R license can I pick up my Ingram at the Gun Store that I filed my Tax Stamp request when I have that C&R and keep it at my place until I get my tax stamp???

Absolutely not, you can only take possession once the forms have been approved by NFA Branch and returned to the seller.

Technically nothing bad has happened so there's no misfortune.. 😅

OP, when you buy a firearm and transfer through the FFL.. That is pretty much the same situation.

I wouldn't worry too much. If your worried then do some Googling of your planned dealer to see if there's any red flags.

Edited by Ryo

Technically nothing bad has happened so there's no misfortune..

OP, when you buy a firearm and transfer through the FFL.. That is pretty much the same situation.

I wouldn't worry too much. If your worried then do some Googling of your planned dealer to see if there's any red flags.

Thanks

Ive only had 1 FFL try to screw me on a MG. I bought it private party and asked the seller if he would drop it off at his SOT friends place because it had an issue and it needed a repair. He dropped it off and the repair was small , I expected it to be back with the seller within a week or two. Well 10 months passed and the seller lets me know its approved but the SOT had not returned the gun. I called the sot several times and eventually just showed up at his store front that he shared with a non FFL non SOT. The SOT had told me the repair was done but he was out sick , I walked into the back and my gun was sitting on the counter unsecured with no repair done. I took it and a few weeks later he ended up getting shut down by the ATF. Luckily it was just a close call and Im not sure if he was just stupid , lazy or a cheat. I didnt know the guy , that was my mistake. Ill only ever use people I know from now on.

Luckily once you get into machine guns you tend to meet other people that are into them and there are usually a few go to dealers that are always upstanding and local to you, I use a guy now that has his SOT and runs his business from his garage. Whats funny is he actually has a whole store in his garage and there are always people coming and going.