Accessories - Official And Otherwise

This thread is for the purpose of exploring available M60 accessories. Whether it's plain and common, strange and rare, or just truly bizarre, it belongs here.

To help other fellow collectors and shooters, it'd also be helpful if you could post where you found this item and an approximate value.

Mike

This thread is for the purpose of exploring available M60 accessories. Whether it's plain and common, strange and rare, or just truly bizarre, it belongs here.

To help other fellow collectors and shooters, it'd also be helpful if you could post where you found this item and an approximate value.

Mike

prebans,

I guess my favorite utilitarian M60 accessory is an item we used to find laying around a couple of military bases in Hawaii. Here's an M60 bandoleer, which was made to hold a cardboard container with 100 rounds of ammo in it. Apparently, these originally came with a black anodized safety pin, to adjust the length of the carrying loop. Most do not have the safety pins today, since they were quite useful, and the bandoleers were disposable. I used to carry these with miscellaneous items in them on hikes as a Boy Scout, and still have a couple of them that I've held onto.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/MGBoards/M60/M60Bandolier-1.JPG

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/MGBoards/M60/M60Bandolier-2.JPG

It says:

"7.62MM NATO

LINKED

1 TRACER M6

4 BALL M80

100 RDS

(Lot No.)"

This one was made by a West Virginia company in August, 1966.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...