Canvas Carrying Case

Got the case at Numrich in 1975 when I picked up my '27A1. Never used it because with its long barrel the '27A1 won't fit, but it'll make a very nice accessory when I fit a dummy short barrel. Condition is pretty much unused. It would be nice to know the details of this case - when made, by whom, etc. - but I've been over it from stem to stern and there isn't a single mark of any kind - makers mark, date, or anything else to distinguish it. It's without question an "original" as opposed to a reproduction, but the question is, an original what? I've seen references to "Rusco" cases and "Mills" cases, both of which apparently were made for the 1921 model Thompsons, and there may be other variations I haven't heard of. This one is the old khaki color, so I think it's a fairly early version.

Any thoughts on what to look for to nail down an identification?

I don't have a digital camera, but can probably do halfway decent webcam pics if that would help.

Thanks

Bob B

Sorry for the poor picture quality. Closeups seem to be sharper. Let me know what specific areas of the case would provide better clues. BTW, inside there's a sleeve-type pocket with a snap tab at the top for a cleaning rod, if that means anything.

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/9116/Canvas_Case_01.jpg