A Pk Lands In Tennessee

Got my Kahr back from Pk Monday past and took it out yesterday to the Gatlinburg Sportsmans Club. It didn't miss a beat and while I was enjoying the flawless function, it caught the eye of a veteran of the 82nd Airborne. I let him empty a clip and enjoyed seeing the gleam in those 80 year old eyes, almost as bright as the jump wings he wore on his collar. He put all 30 in a pie plate at 50 yards. A special moment. He'd carried a Thompson during WWII and then a grease gun during Korea.

Pk took all the slop out of my Kahr, she's tight now. He re-contoured the actuator, added the fa controls and inscriptions, reworked the rear sight screws, shortened the barrel, polished up the feed ramp, rechambered and adjusted the headspace, remilled the mag well, retapped the stock screw holes, changed the mag catch to GI standard, reworked a SA mag to GI standard, and reparked it all including mag. I think that is it?!? Outstanding work.

Now does anybody know where you can get some mag followers so I can change all these SA mags I have on hand? Gonna have a fella weld up the holes and redrill for GI spec, but I think I'm gonna need some new mag followers unless my friend can perform the Pk magic and fix that too.

Oh, and almost forgot to mention the final touch of a Dan Block oversized forearm to make it look even better.

Many thanks to Pk and Dan.

Here's some pics:

My Webpage

My Webpage

Edited by 85th Engineer

Congrats on the re-newed gun.

I can't wait for mine to return from PK. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

As far the mag followers go, I think full-auto and semi-auto mags use the same follower. In fact, I think the magazines are exactly the same, except for the latch hole (it's bigger on the semi auto.)

As far as fixing the holes on those mags, it would probably be cheaper (and much eaisier) to buy new ones (considering they are 30 round mags and not 20 round mags.)

Norm

Some times, not always you can tap the part of the mag that has the altered hole down and it will slide just enough to work in the FA gun. I was able to do this to some mags which had been altered for the Kahr.

85E,

Ron and Norm are both right. I've been able to slide the rib down a few thousandths on some (but not all) of my problematic magazines to get them to function more reliably. Magazines for both the semi and full-auto are one and the same (and use the same follower.) The only difference is the hole on the rib where the magazine catch locks. The semi-auto magazines have had the magazine catch hole elongated by about one-tenth of an inch.

I think there is some alteration to the follower also to make the bolt hold open device work. The small tab that sticks out of the back of the mag follower is cut down about half its height on a SA. I remember I had to file them down to make them work in my Kahr before it was changed to GI spec.

I've posted some pics on my web site, and if I can figure out how, I'll provide access here:

My Webpage

Edited by 85th Engineer

Very nice work again from PK. He is the best at making a gun run right, that is for sure! I need one of those full size mannequins for one of my videos. Anybody have one they want to give up? It won't be coming back if your wondering.