Nick,

What happened to everyone's avatars? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Norm

Nick, embedding links from other servers, using IMG, doesn't cost bandwidth does it?

not for me it doesn't http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

The picture uploading, the avatars, the smiley faces... all of those images were/are stored on the machinegunbooks.com server.. anytime anyone opened a post all that data is transfered from the server to their machine.... "data transfer" we're alotted so much a month which we went over the limit.... you might say well it's only a picture, some text etc... but in a recent 4 day period there were 164,000 page views, that little picture just became a TON of data transfer..

What it boils down to is a lot of activity on the boards... a lot of people viewing a lot of "data" that is why I turned the "Guest" feature off.. If you weren't registered you could still read all the posts etc... I was hoping to get rid of the "tire kickers" Interestingly enough a TON of new people just registered, not that its a bad thing, just more bills.

I asked the owner what plan we could get that would fit our current bandwidth needs.. he hasn't responded yet. Right now we get 500mb of data transfer a month... We've hit that in a week before!!!

Nick, I agree with some of the others. You provide a great service and spend countless hours working this board.

I see no reason why we can't contribute a monthly (yearly) sum for its upkeep.

With all the people on board, the cost should be reasonable.

God knows the board has saved ME a small fortune; plus provided a great education about guns.

You and your dad have done a lot for educating civilians about machine guns.

Tom Murphy

Gardnerville, NV