E-z Pull Springs

Brian,

On this end the jury is still out, as I've only placed about 400 rounds through the 27 since the installation of the lighter springs.

However function has been exceptional and no signs of any wear on anything.

I'm a recent spring user, but I love their performance. I'm getting another set.

Has anyone tried them in an "aluminum" receivered 27? The package says they have not been tested in aluminum receivers but does not say "don't do it". I talked to Doug Richardson and he thinks it should be fine as the "alloy used in modern Kahrs is plenty strong and should be able to handle them". Just thought I would ask here before trying them in my Lightweight 1927A-1C.

MadDog http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

QUOTE (SecondAmend @ Oct 23 2005, 07:31 AM)
MadDogDan,

My opinion is I'd ask Kahr their opinion before I'd use the EZ-Pull Spring kit in any 27A1 - steel or aluminum. I'd be interested in what Kahr has to say, please post their response.

I don't think Kahr will give you much info. All their going to say is that they will not be liable for any damages caused by the use of this product. There not going to set themselves up for a law suit involving something that is'nt even their product.

Most likely their first response is that it voids the warrantee.

Similar to installing a bolt hold open or any other modification, if it wasn't done by them they wont stand behind it. "Use at your own risk"

alright, i'm still not sold on them. the OEM's just don't brother me that much. my motive was to get just that step closer to "feeling" like a typewriter.

so that's another $50 for the SBR fund.....which is open to the public, by the way.....feel free to throw your lose change in the hat... the paper work, the barrel the gunsmith to install....don't pass by, give it a try.....

As to the feel the springs they are far superior to the factory set.

LOL, they even allow a skinny little guy like me to operate the bolt. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Without joining the gym. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I've never had the pleasure of cycling a FA to date, so I'm of no help there.

Sgt.! Any feedback?

The easy pull springs are stiffer and not as smooth as full auto, but a world of difference from the original Kahr springs. The knurled knob and hold open feature really helps with loading.

Ditto Sgt...

World of difference in my Westy. Like night and day. Would not hesitate

recomending them at all. Great upgrade for $50.

About 400+ rds through mine, everything seems fine.

Best, Z