Kahr 1927a1 Exploded At The Range Today

The point of the story - Kids will put a shell case in the comp when you are not looking. Not pointing blame - just a possible answer.

Shouldn't the point be that all firearms are supposed to be locked up in a safe place?

MIke http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

If the/an entire casing is inside the comp then some outside force put it there.. either god in his infinite wisdom let one fly into your case and wiggle down later into the comp ( you do clean after shooting don't you? That would dispell this scenerio a bit) Or someone (child, village idiot, etc.) thought that the comp looked like a nice place to put a spent shell....

I have an AR-15 that I had to rebarrel when I found a bulge in it after seeing the accuracy fall off suddenly...it had been sitting in a corner and maybe an insect (wasp/spider/muddauber, something) thought it would be a good place to build a nest. Luckily it only bulged......it was between the flashhider and the front sight assembly.

Out here in the rural west it is not uncommon to leave ones rifle in the pick up truck for extended periods of time, especially if you are a farmer. We have an insect called a “leaf cutter bee” that cuts pieces off leaves and finds a hole and lays and egg and covers the hole with the leaf. I have had to unclog rifles with barrels full of these nests, one on top of another, from the bolt face to the muzzle.

Oh Boy!

^ That's creepy. Next thing you know, they'll learn to fire them too, then we'll be in REAL trouble. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Without further information and inspection by PK I think Lancer is ahead of the game with the most reasonable explanation. Sorry thing to happen to anyone and I am so glad no one was hurt. WIll admit I do not run a rod through any of my guns prior to firing-

Note to self-pull head out of anus.

Lesson learned and recorded.

Thanks to all

Mark