Help! Loose rear sight!

Newbie to this site and to my slightly used aluminum Kahr M1.

I repaired the fail to feed problem with the help of the many fine suggestions found here. Shoots great and extremely accurate. However the rear sight keeps loosening up. Ive tried lock tight on the screws but the rear screws fall out at about 25 rounds!

Is having the rear sight riveted a permanent solution?

Thank you for your time.

Yes , rivet them on . Trick is to send it to one of the good gunsmiths on this board that knows WH Thompsons . The proper length of rivet must be chosen for your receiver and sight base thickness . I had my FA loosen up after I had it a few years and it was reriveted in by three different local gunsmiths and kept coming loose . Sent it to someone here and I've never had a problem with that again .

Chris

No , that bit of info has been lost to the fog of time and /or my reoccurring spats of 107 plus degree body temperature for extended periods of time before it registers . Memory loss is getting quite bad , esp. with names and nouns .

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ryo

I bought a lot of rivets from Doug Richardson but he is out of the country. PK has them but I don't have is e-mail address. I made a tool that goes into the receiver and holds the rivets so you can flatten from the top.

Frank