22 replies to this topic

#21 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2321 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:38 PM

Havent looked at Rubens Thompsons this month. But I have looked for most of this year. They all sold fast and all I saw were refinished

Ive bought large amounts of guns in a short period of time. Ive really only gotten 2 junk guns. Both from dealers. Both falsely advertised and one from one of the top 3 dealers.

I cant pay 15% over price
I now pay 15% under going rates.

With the paws 9mm just I picked up Ill have a Andrewski mk4 for $10,500 when done. A gun I can resell for $14,000 if I wanted(I wont )

The only gun I own that was a loser was my Uzi. All the others are worth more than what Ive paid even w repairs

Ive got nothing bad to say about Ruben. Id rather just save $ and roll the dice.

Edited by huggytree, 20 November 2018 - 08:39 PM.

#22 johnsonlmg41

johnsonlmg41

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:17 PM

Most or all of his ww2 Thompsons have been refinished

On his website are any original finish?

I wasnt talking about all his guns. Just ww2 Thompsons over the past 1.5-2 years 

Edited by huggytree, 18 November 2018 - 09:19 AM.

Once again you make you make a blanket statement without the evidence to back it up.

As of today 11/20/18 there are three that basically fall into WW2 vintage on his site, all the rest are West Hurley guns. Two are 1928AC guns that we all know are a variant of 1928A1s, and that the major components were built during the war. Both of them have what appears as original finish. Th Savage M1 listed looks to be refinished at some point. Was it a military arsenal refinish after the war, before storage and release to some police department? Would an official war department refinish exclude it from being "original" enough to appreciate it's history by the owner?

2/3 of the guns from the 1940's he has listed are not refinished. Let's not just make statements of fact for an unsuspecting audience without some historical lists to prove the point.

Besides, Ruben is above reproach in his dealings...just ask anyone who has. He doesn't try to hide anything.

All 3 of the guns you mention are refinished.  The "X" guns are not only parts guns, but the receivers are not original finish and have been reparked at some point.  Nice sight rivets on the one gun LOL!  It would appear Huggytree is correct.  

#23 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2321 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

People dont like a beat up war gun

They like a Thompson that looks like new

Park hides the pitting

That says nothing negative about Ruben. Its just the market

I like original finish. Or Korean War arsenal refinish

Edited by huggytree, 20 November 2018 - 09:48 PM.