Sa Detachable Buttstock

Was just looking at my Westy and going I want a detachable buttstock again, due to pending sale I should have cash to clear it and was wondering if I should have the West Hurley grip frame cut for detachable buttstock or if I should buy a 28 grip frame and have it cut for the SA parts.

BB

Bisely, contact Damon over at http://www.tommygunner.com he can modify your current frame to accept a '28 Stock. He'll treat you RIGHT. Best quality work, and pricing that you won't find anywhere else..He's done a lot of work for me, and the quality of work speaks for itself.

Bisley45,

We can modify your frame if you like. We can also install a 28 frame and wouild have to do something to utilize the forward selector hole....like a bolt hold open everyone is so hot on. However...to let the cat out of the bag so to speak...at the risk of doing so prematurely. Frank Harris the VP in charge of sales and marketing for Kahr came to visit me at my house last week and we had much to discuss. The biggest thing that I presented to him was the frame problem. I begged for them to produce a frame tailed out to 21/28 specs and take a 28 rear grip. This was the single most important improvement in my opinion to be done. It should be relatively easy since they have already converted the frames to CNC production. It would just be a matter of modifying the programe and some very minor tooling to finish the job right. It was a very positive conversation and I left with a feeling that KAHR is willing to head in the right direction as far as us picky collector types are concerned. I expect good things from Kahr in the future.

BTW...they are busy producing a C drum and will be addressing the other issues we disscussed as soon as that is done.

I am very happy with the direction Frank wants to head in and can't wait to see it happen. We did discuss alot and I will reveal it as things transpire.

Bisley...at any rate you may want to hang for the new frames....it's up to you.

Devlin, thanks a bunch! Wait untill you see how that mauser comes out! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Best,

Damon

Wow - a Kahr C drum - another item from Kahr that won't work. The history of the compan, as far as their attempts at making a thompson has been a failure. This company should take a step backward and look at the history of failure that has been with them from the start. They rush to turn out a product for the dollars, and have never improved the product, Now they are interested in making a C drum. Thats no surprise as people will rush to purchase the product, it still will be a Kahr drum, and if like the new L drums they make, crap.

Even knowing the lack of quality, people will buy the C drum. This type of owner just want's the drum for looks.

If this company was interested in making a quality product they would have done so a long time ago. History shows Kahr does not have to improve the product as long a "new" owners continue to buy the 27 for the way it looks, not for a gun that shoots.

I have seen people on this board asking how much it will cost to send the new Kahr C & L drums to Merle to fix after they purchase the new drum - thats just plain stupid - the drum should work as it comes from Kahr.

People have accepted that the Kahr product won't work until you send it to PK or Merle for the repair after purchase.

When you purchase a TV do you expect to send it to someone to be "fixed" prior to use?

If it were not for PK or Merle the Kahr crap would be in the back of the gun safe, if the owner has a gun safe - just another bad purchase.

Under normal circumstance you get what you pay for, not in the case of Kahr.

When they got run out of the airports they went to making guns and running fishing fleets.

Look at how long Colt sold 1911's that didn't or barely worked out of the box. They only revamped when some upstarts like Springfield armory and Kimber bit them in the ASS! We need a second manufacter, one with quality as Job one to parafraze an old (Ford) ad.

BB

Bisley45,

Colt still makes poor 1911's! I've purchased several Colt Autos and all required a bit of work to feed reliably. I was using strictly 230 gr. ball ammo, no hollow points or anything exotic.

From my short term experience with Kahr, again its feeding, that is easily corrected with magazine changes and mag catch alterations. Granted for the $$$ spent they should shoot and shoot well right from the box.

Seems to be the American way. Hmm, I wonder if Kahr owns Colt as well?

At any rate $700 later and I'm happy with the Kahr 27A1.

Next FA, hopefully a Savage Tommy if one can be found for under 20k.

Yes, I'll most likely get a Kahr C drum, even if it needs fixed its still far less then the going price 2k - 3k, plus repairs $200 - $250.

On those 1911, are you talking about the new production. I own several of the military colts and they are flawless.

Sgt.,

Yes the new production, 1911, combat Commander, and Defender.

Had to do some feed ramp work on all of them to work every time.

Nothing worse than having a self defense carry gun that doesn't cycle every time you fire. They work flawless now, but not without tinkering a bit.